Olympics in National Geographic

mothboy88

I got the new National Geographic in the mail yesterday (July 2004 Edition) about the Olympic National Park. I haven't read the whole article yet but the author seemed pretty entranced. It opens up with some statment like the Olympics make for the best landscape in America or something like that.

The photos of many familiar scenes were great.

I have to admit that part of me wished that this kind of exposure didn't occur so we can try in vain to keep the Olympics a secret.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the article. I agree. I really find the text of National Geographic articles to be consistently uninspiring. There seems to be a cliched style that is a bit too vague and sterile. But, as is often said about other more scandalous magazines, I don't get it for the articles...

I visited the Olympics a couple years ago, and have yet to find any photos or articles anywhere that can do any justice. The Geographic seams like they drop the ball alot on articles on spectacular areas, but maybe that's a good thing.Of course I'll have to get the issue just to check it out.