[TR] Mount Adams- Southwest Chute 6/21/2004

iain

Climb: Mount Adams-Southwest Chute

Date of Climb: 6/21/2004

Trip Report:

The Southwest Chute:

adams.jpg

Went in to Cold Springs CG today. You can drive all the way in. Looks like it had been a busy weekend out there. We quickly skinned up to the false summit, hung out a bit for the corn to develop.

Time for a nap:

waiting.jpg

We skied the right chute. Pure bliss. Nobody around! The get-back was pretty straightforward but had to take the skis off a few times to get over some dirt ridges.

sw_chute.jpg

swc2.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice TR. I skied it two days earlier on 6/19 and approached via the Morrison Creek Campground TH. I have not done anything from Cold Springs TH in years so was wondering: anyone approach this route from both Morrison Creek and Cold Springs and got an opinion about which way is better? Obviously, more elevation to gain from Morrison Cr but no round-the-mtn slog to get back to the car which I heard can be mildly painful.

Yeah it would have been great to keep dropping down to Morrison Creek TH. The slog already requires trudging over scree and dirt in spots. That run is so worth it though. Damn I'm still thinking about how good it was.