Notes about logging in and other fun stuff

jon

i personally use a variety of browsers from a plethora of different computers on a daily basis. i have experienced some 'user state' issues with the site, but all can be easily fixed by first pulling up this page:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/logout.php

simply login, and all is set. if you are super lazy, you can set your browser to save your user/pass for that page so you just have to hit enter.

since i'm not paid to troubleshoot your computer issues marylou, thats the best i nfo i can give you. the problem itself could be caused by any number of things: ISP caching, personal firewalls, browser settings, but nine times out of ten the problem lies between the keyboard and the chair.

happy surfing!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So theoretically, that logout page should be the first thing I go to at cc? As in, delete others from my faves, and start there? Thanks, I shall start with that.

I will give it a try. As you stated, I know it is all my fault, and I am doing something wrong, no matter what computer, what browser, and what connection I am using.

Thank you sir, may I have another? wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking in re the login problems. Adjusted cookie settings on laptop, and have cc.com set to "accepted cookies" in Mozilla.

Also just got a new home compyooder, installed Mozilla, starting with a clean slate, still having same problems there, and not with any site other than cc. Also have same problem with running IE.

Weird!

i think i've said this in another thread, but i have cookies set to expire every few hours. this is to prevent some issues we were having with users at companies who use ISA server.

i'm not sure if the expiring cookies has prevented the ISA problem from happening anymore, so i'd be willing to change it back. but that is why this is happening, by design.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have found that if you log in the first time you visit the site, and don't close your browser, then if you go off surfing and then return to the site, even though it says "you are not logged in", just click on any of the other tabs besides "Log In" (like Main Index, Active Topics, Who's Online, etc.) and you will go there and find that you are, in fact, still logged in. Does that help to clear it up any?