What a Way to Go

Thinker

from the NPS Morning Report...

Grand Canyon National Park (AZ)

Passenger Jumps To Death From Helicopter

A passenger on board a commercial air tour helicopter flying at about 4,000 feet opened the door while in mid-flight and jumped to his death just before noon on Thursday, June 10th. The man, who was in his mid-20s, landed near White’s Butte, about two miles northwest of Hermit’s Rest. The pilot and five remaining passengers on the Papillon Airways sightseeing tour returned to the Tusayan Airport, shaken but unharmed. Rangers attempted to recover the body that day, but high winds, steep terrain and the remote location hindered their efforts. A recovery team was flown to the site the next morning to investigate, document the incident, and recover his remains. Although the death appears to be a suicide, a joint investigation by the NPS, NTSP, FAA and sheriff’s office is currently underway.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the armored tractor guy is right up there. That was unique and impressive. I dont think he actually killed anybody else, did he? As long as it's just property damage I say right on to shoving it up your enemy's ass on the way out. wink.gif

Definitely a new way to go in the "Ways to Go" book. But I think the armored Caterpillar guy in Colorado has him beat. New chapters being written for both of them.

it aint new at all. michael de guzman did something similar during the bre-x saga.