Crampons for Tele boots?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm skiing in Scarpa T3's, I recently was looking for crampons that would fit and the only thing I found was the lightweight Stubai, 10 pts. I tried the BD sabertooths, the Grivels, and a couple others. To get any of the others to fit would have meant altering the crampon or chiselling the sole of my boot. There is a thread somewhere where people said the BD's and the Grivels worked well, but not on my boots. Take your boots to the store before you buy anything and try to fit different pairs. The stubai will probably do fine for me as I don't see myself climbing any water ice in my duckbilled tele boots!

I've had no problems using sabretooths on my T1's or T3's, but who knows, my sabretooths and boots are all about five years old...

Try doing a search on telemarktips.com too, there are many threads that have been written on crampons and teleboots there, probably find someone who's already using the boots you've got and has found a good crampon match.

I have the Garmont synergy boots, I believe they're made with the same mold.

My two pairs of Stubais don't fit because the front crampon attachment is too narrow for the duckbills. I just borrowed a pair of sabretooths, they fit perfectly. The wide Grivels should also fit, but I haven't tried those.

Why would anyone want to use tele boots?

Well, when you smoke tons of pot and bath in patchouli and listen to the Dead, and eat tofurky sandwiches and drink organic juice, it just makes sense. And anyway, all us tele guys are just slow farts. Don't worry about us, we can't keep up with you anyway.

Go on, you can go ahead of us.

Don't have to keep looking back, we'll be right behind you.

Go on.

- a s s m moon.gif n k e y

• 3 weeks later...