this weekend

Dru

who is gonna be chestbeating and who is gonna be licking their wounds after a defeat on monday? this looks like the best weekend of the year so far. judging by the whispering campaigns going on some interesting objectives will be attempted....

i know i never like to talk about something before i go and do it because of the jinx factor but if there is anyone out there with big plans and no superstitious beliefs lets hear what your plans are laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif first 5.8 lead? pickets enchainment in a day? climb out of bed? whatcha gonna do?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUNKS

Damn dude are you living out there now, weren't you just there a little while back? Have fun miss, I miss that area. Gunks=the ultimate trad cragging area.

I've been lucky enough to climb a fair amount in the Cascades, Yosemite and the Gunks over the last couple of months. Gunks this weekend, Cascades next couple of weeks, then by the fall I'll be back in Toronto and not coming back to the Cascades for a long time which is both good and bad.

BTW - Over the next couple of weeks if I'm doing any contract work, I'll be looking for partners and seriously into getting some shit done in the Cascades! snugtop.gifrockband.gif

Last weekend I said I will go to Mt. Hozomeen, North Peak but weather was not cooperating. I even promissed to write report for board. Big mouth!

Anyway, we pushed through bad weather on Sunday to Black Tusk and turned back by thick fog, snowstorm and high winds at 2100m (we were not enough keen to go for summit ...)

This weekend, I will be more careful and say that three of us maybe will enjoy driving to Paradise Valley, maybe sleep there in the camp, maybe hike to Camp Muir, rest, cook and camp there all day.

Maybe we will see summit of Rainier on the Sunday morning. If everything is OK you will MAYBE see report on Monday.

Regards,

Zoran