Leavenworth/Tumwater/Icicle Creek

Robbie

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having just read Jon's excellent post on how to make your review/input useful smile.gif, I'd like to make the following mods to my earler remarks:

* [sat 3/17] Climbed Gilver's dome. The approach was free of snow. Route was dry, walk-off free of snow and debris. Excellent climb. Snow patches found 200 yds. east at the base of the 5.8 flake (name?). The slab route just east and below the 5.8 flake was still wet from runoff.

* [sat 3/24] Climbed B.O.B. wall above Icicle Buttress. The approach trail, (West side walk-off trail) was in good condition and free of snow. All routes on the B.O.B were dry. Although I didn't climb it, the approach slab and pitch leading up to Cocaine Crack looked moist, tho the crack itself looked dry.

Additionals: Plenty of snow-free camping at 8-Mile. And the road is indeed unplowed past that point.

Went out Sat/Sun (3/17-1/28) and this past weekend (3/24-3/25). Didn't head up the Castle Rock trail, but saw 4-5 cars in the lot.

All South-facing rock up Icicle Creek is open. Not all routes are dry, however, so keep your plans flexible.

I've got no first-hand knowledge of Snow Creek Wall, tho it looked clear from the road.

We climbed Givler's last weekend. Great conditions. This past weekend we climbed on the B.O.B wall, then down on Barney's Rubble. There were 3x the number of people out this past weekend, so I'm afraid the word is out :-)