Hotlum-Bolam Ridge?

aukushner

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The trailhead is somewhat hard to find, just stick to the most traveled looking FS road. I wouldn't be able to give directions...

Heard reports of icyslopes on the route so be prepared for that, with this heat lately the 'Schrund and crevases should be opening up. Some people do the route without a rope but I would recomend one.

A week ago the rangers said the creek up in the basin was not flowing yet, but it maybe now...so you might need to melt snow for water.

Pray that the wind God is on your side.

Check this out:

http://www.shastaavalanche.org/

Nice route (beautiful setting away from the crowds); the access can be confusing as there are 800 roads that sprout off the road.

You should find some ice; when I did this (years ago) in late June we found a fair amount. Lambone summed it up nicely. Good luck!

Tried to do it memorial day weekend. Follow the dirrections to the trail head they can be confusing. The route was awsome I did a TR a couple of weeks ago. Given the busy weekend I thought we would have more people on teh route but there were only 5 other parties there. Where as avalance gulch probaly had 100+ parties. There were 2 creaves open that weekend would defently recomend a rope. Route is very straight forward.