3 Finger Jack

North

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will assume you are referring to snow conditions? cc.com it thee site for that kind of info. I haven't seen any TRs recently, but TRs for recent climbs on peaks located geographically close do exist and should serve as a good guide to snow pack. Also consider pming gaper timmy...

As far as the route goes bring if you plan to traditionally lead things (the route does go at 5.0 so many solo):

a few large nuts (10-13 BD or equivilant)

2-3 48" runners

some monster slings (6-12') for slinging the larger choss and will be your rap anchor off the summit (don't forget your rap rings). If you need to purchase this or for future purchases: please buy natural colored webbing... no bright orange please. Also if you leave new webbing; write the month and year you left it in sharpie and remove all the old webbing and hike it out with you.

Post any other specific questions you have here. And remember... for the OR cascades: if you like a particular hold, take it with you… wink.gif Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

fwiw we went up to Jack Lake last Saturday. There was no snow on the canyon creek meadows trail for the first 1.5 miles, very easy to get to the meadows, snow from there-on. This approach is quicker than the PCT approach, no threat of snags, just a nice easy traverse around the SE bowl to the normal ridge route, and it is very purdy in the meadows. i'll post a pict maybe, if you are all good boys.

Yes, made it to the top but stupid work has been keeping me from putting up a TR. . .stupid work. mad.gif

Finding the trail on the way up was a bit tricky but once we could see the ridge we followed it the whole way. There were no tracks to follow and the PCT was sporadically marked as usual; encountered snow at 5700'.

Once we got withing a few hundred vertical feet of the Crawl there was no more snow up to the top and it even prompted us to be lazy and take a 1 hour nap (see attachment) yellowsleep.gif

On the way down we followed the scree scar down to the snow to avoid the long trek along the ridge and had some more fun route finding. . .

Only saw one other group of 2 climbers.

All in all, a great time to go.

366290-FL000021.jpg.7c43999710195dc318e6558c2fee4901.jpg

however, a corporate pre-nup that can really screw the individual... "we retain rights to anything you come up with, even on your own time using no ideas gained from us or using any of our resources". I always read those carefully.

I believe those have been found illegal, as long as your invention is not related to your current field - as are NCA's (Non Compete Agreement's)in California.

NDA's are more a corporate pre-date agreement. You sign them before you have any serious discussion. "Hi, my name's John, if you'd like to find out anything more about me, please sign this agreement - oh, and it also says you can't tell your girlfriends how bad I was in bed"