What piece has saved your ass?

Winter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red and yellow Camalots. The yellow in particular makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I thought you said you have never taken a fall on gear? So how have they saved your as then.

My biggest fall was on a number 3 friend

Trojans - you know how the story goes snaf.gif

Purple 0 TCU - first time I ever fell on a piece of gear, Angel Crack. snugtop.gif

Blue 1 TCU - can't tell you how many times I've taken wingers on this piece. HCL.gif

# 3 HB offset cut down a huge solo aiding fall down to a managable fall fruit.gif

Seems like if it a piece bigger than a orange TCU, then there is no reason to fall yelrotflmao.gif

I have yet to have my ass saved by a trad placement. My snowboard has saved me from a couple of imminent disasters, although it's what got me in those situations in the first place. hahaha.gif

It's kind of disturbing that you guys place the smallest BD stoppers (#1,2) on lead considering that they pretty much tell you that they simply can't hold a fall.

Has anybody ever fallen on a makeshfit webbing "stopper" or a loose rock slung and used as a chock?