Wine Drinkers Only

chelle

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lie and you are no good. It costs $2.99.

The stuff is pretty good, though.

It's a $1.99 in Cali

It's not bad stuff. It finally brings us into line with the major wine drinking countries in the world. We finally have a supply of cheap, decent wine.

OK but it's $2.99, dammit. This is CascadeClimbers.Com - not SierraClimbers.Com.

It IS pretty amazing, though. I heard that it was bought by United Airlines, and then the order was cancelled, or something like that. But anyway, the fact that we can get decent stuff at "table wine" prices is indeed a step towards our joining the rest of the "civilized world" -- where decent wine is cheaper than gasoline.

Truely the buy of the decade. Case around $36 Here in WA, but then again in CA they have endcaps at the grocery stores with rum AND coke.... bigdrink.gif

California knows how to P A R T Y ! for sure. thumbs_up.gif

The wine may be cheaper, but they got income AND sales tax to make up for it... thumbs_down.gif

That UA rumor is false, started by some Trader Joe's employee. Latest issue of Wine Enthusiast has a column about the fact that this is a new market for USA (as noted above). WE prognosticates that the "value" market will boom over the next few years.

For white wine drinkers looking for a value (<$7) try Lindeman's Bin 65. I just discovered it. Good shit, and I am not a fan of white wines in general. Available at QFCs and Ballard Market, I think. The wine dude at BM is a rock star. Ask him for the value of the week, he'll set you up.

- a s s m moon.gif n k e y

That guy at the BM is awesome. Back when I was working and could afford more expensive bottles, he turned me onto a great Australian Chardonay that they were blowing out at $12/bottle.

A few decent reds for under $7 are Penfolds, Yellow Tail, (Australia) and El Paseo (Spain). You can sometimes find good deals at Cost Plus.

Dang, just looked through my cabinets and discovered that I have eight bottles of wine sittin' around. Better start drinkin' some soon! (four $2 Chucks, two bottles that I brought back from Europe, and two of something else)

I also found four empty bottles in there to remind myself that they were bottles of wine I really enjoyed... one of them hit me for $30, but it is by far the best wine I have ever tasted. Burgundy with a subtle nutty flavor.

But there is a cheaper bottle among them: the Georges Buboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau 2000 which I got for about $5 two years ago.

Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Noveau 2000 (TJ's carries these; I want to say there were about $5 each back then)

Cuvee Penelope Blanc de Blancs 1999 ($6.99 at TJs)