Most Repeated Routes

TimL

As weird as the subject title might sound, I was going through my climbing notebook and I started to notice that there are several climb that I've repeated many times. For me, I've repeated both the Outerspace and da Toof four times in the period of seven years. I think this is because both climbers are good moderate beginner climbs that I've taken people up to have fun. In all honesty, I don't care to repeat many routes as I figure there is so much out there that I havn't climbed. Back to the topic, whats the route that you've most repeated and why?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have climbed Godzilla more times then any route in Washington.

I guess the reason was that Index was my favorite place to climb, the apporach is short, and it is just difficult enough that it provides a good chalange and pump, but never scary and allways options for good pro. My kinda route, cool climb.

Classic Handcrack in Capitol Reef NP about 20 times because it was one of the small selections of routes there, fun, well protected, and the best warmup, and it was 15 minutes from my door.

Nutcracker in Yos about 6 or 8 times because there are lots of start options, it's fun, varied, no-stress climbing, is long enough to make it worthwhile, but short enough to do with a newbie.

I don't repeat many routes.

Will, where in Capitol Reef is Classic Handcrack? Is that the obvious crack on the right side as you enter Grand Wash? Gorgeous place, but the few climbs I did had a dusty feel that made them seem a grade harder than they looked. Good, ummm, bouldering though.

I guess I don't do a lot of repeats either, with the obvious exception of some of the routes in my front yard. Fortunately, they require a reasonably intricate choreography such that they stay enjoyable even with frequent repeats.

that fricken phone call from satan thing at Smith. wtf I always end up on that thing at the beginning of the day. moonshine d., peking, and let's face it always seem to be showing up on the list too. oh and all the routes up at the pleasure palace.

Aborigine & Rainy Day Women at 32; Godzilla, Rogers corner/B-fast of Champions at Index; Exasperator, Penny Lane at Squish; Blue Light Special, Flat Earth at Smith.

I've never heard of many people climbing the Flat Earth at Smith so I'm surprised you mentioned it, although its a good route!

I've climbed so many of the routes at Index so many times that I've stoped counting. Although the usual spots are Jap Gardens or Iron Horse. At Squish it has to be Penny Lane and Mosquito. BTW - I did the Smoke Bluff connection for the first time last fall and thought it was super good. thumbs_up.gif

Kunza Korner, Pioneer route and Trezlar at Smith

Raindance, Blownout, Little Wing, and Young Warriors at Beacon.

Harry Daley and Nutcracker at Yos (ya gotta almost drive by Nutcracker to get in the valley and its a great warm up)

Iain: whats the "fricken phone call from satan thing" route and is it correctly spoken in a voice like Dr Evil's? cantfocus.gif

Will, where in Capitol Reef is Classic Handcrack? Is that the obvious crack on the right side as you enter Grand Wash?

It's on the right as you enter Capitol Gorge...at the end of the scenic drive road where it turns from pavement to dirt. Grand Wash entrance is about 1/2 mile before that. There are a couple of cracks on the right side of Grand Wash, a wide 5.8 called Pussy Bolt and a .10 called Sharon's crack just to the right of it. The classic handcrack is the lone route on the right wall at mouth of Cap Gorge. 31m long, angles to the right, two drilled angles for an anchor.

I have climbed Wortley's Revenge probably 60 times and never fallen.

Overboard at Smith at least 50.

I have done Saggitarius at least 25 times, Princely Ambitions at least 20.

The Bone 10 or so.

I have "tried" Iron Horse and Japanese Gardens (full) at least 15 times each, without success cry.gif, although I did get Jap Gardens on TR a couple of times. TimL=Sendbot! thumbs_up.gif

I dont have many *routes* i have climbed large number of times but it seems like i'll bunch up on peaks or areas. My biggest "bunch up" is probably the stuarts: d-tail (5 or 6), stuart (4), sherpa, colchuck (3),prusik, little anna. I've actually gotten a bit sick of that approach trail, as much as I love the area...

Oh...and eldorado. I did that thing 3 times this spring alone and a total of like 6 times I think. NE face once, N ridge once and 4 on the east ridge. I dont think it's possible to get sick of the cascade pass area tho.

I have climbed Wortley's Revenge probably 60 times and never fallen.

Overboard at Smith at least 50.

I have done Saggitarius at least 25 times, Princely Ambitions at least 20.

The Bone 10 or so.

I have "tried" Iron Horse and Japanese Gardens (full) at least 15 times each, without success cry.gif, although I did get Jap Gardens on TR a couple of times. TimL=Sendbot! thumbs_up.gif

Both of those routes have to be a couple of my all time favorite routes. THey are just so dam good. It took me so many times to send Jap Gardens, but its just such a good route it doesn't matter. Fred Rogers would have to be the one to ask about marathon belay sessions on Iron Horse.