[TR] North Twin Sister- West Ridge 6/8/2004

ashw_justin

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not good enough to post in a skiing related thread.

I'm more offended by ashw_justin thinking i was a PDX local. I am held here against my will. I am a Bellingham boy and will make my prophetic return in two weeks or less. Behold the return of the king (of alpine failures).

Hmm, that face looks like a fun ski. laugh.gif

The 'shrund looks easy to get around, just the rocks on top that look sketchball!

Is it easy to pop back over the col between the N & S sisters?

Hey do have days off during the week? I'm getting pretty motivated to crank this little thing out. I bet you could even downclimb to clear the rocks, or -gasp- bring some 8-mil for a short rap.

I've been to that col from the west, and it's not bad. Not sure about getting back up from the east, but if there was rock climbing involved I could just ropegun it so long as it was 5.8 or easier and the landing was snow...

I went up the West Ridge of the S. Twin this last winter on Feb. 11th and 12th. Heres some photos...I believe this one shows the NW face of Skookum that you are talking about.

> photo=5251&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=503

we climbed all of the west ridge, but left our packs at the large N. facing col and snowboarded down it on the way back.

showphoto.php?photo=5252&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=503

rode all the way down to the road, then after a short hike, rode all the way back to the car. Great trip!

showphoto.php?photo=5253&size=big&password=&sort=1&cat=503

• 1 month later...

This makes me wet. Why can't June last longer? Work sux's. Oh, and justin, if you air the rocks I'll get a photo. As for the schrund, you'll need something to slow you down. Everyone knows snowboarders can't turn. I bet layton is a closet snowboarder. Abomibable desk jockey out...

No no, snowboarders can't edge. I can turn just fine, it's the slowing down part that gets tricky. Snowboarding is all fun and games until you're supposed to take it easy and all be careful and shit. wazzup.gif Just wait until winter pow time man, when your edgeing advantage is irrelevant! the_finger.gif