My mom's lucky day

Scott_J

My 84 year old mother was waling out of the post office today in Yooper Land when a blast of lightning struck a power pole within yards of her. She said she felt a rush of something, a flash and a big bang. She got into her Explorer and drove home. I told her she was very lucky. I can only figure that the lightning stayed with in the confines of the power pole and the transformer thru luck only. Wow, my mom...sure glad she was as lucky as her son.

bigdrink.gifthumbs_up.gifrockband.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear all is well,Sisu. thumbs_up.gif

Yeah, both of my parents have been hit by lightning indirectly abit like your mom.... My pa was working on the tail of an airplane while in the military when the tail got hit. he just remembers waking up is about all. Ma got zapped talking on the phone... the charge threw her against the wall and she was out of it for over a day...yikes.

My bro was getting close to a hit when the metal in his umbrella began arcing to other metal parts... he threw the umbrella away and ran like hell...! yellaf.gif

Holy shit, Griz! How do you're partners feel about climbing with a genetically predispositioned lightning rod??? yellaf.gif

yellaf.gif

Speaking of lightning... we just had a storm come through here in Colorado this evening with over 2000 ground strikes and they just showed on the news a bunch of people digging out a Hummer from 2.5 to 3 FEET of HAIL... hellno3d.gif