Best President in History?

pope

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who the best President is, but word on the street is that

"the best climber is the one having the most fun!".

Yeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Then the best president is the one having the most fun?

Kennedy? Clinton?

GOLLUM was the best President? That's what climbing splitters will do for ya.

William Taft

Taft is the only person to have served as President & Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. He considered his time on the Supreme Court more important.

"Don't sit up nights thinking about making me President for that will never come and I have no ambition in that direction. Any party which would nominate me would make me a great mistake."

-WHT

Pope has become quite the JFKerry cheerleader. I think that in the spirit of full disclosure, he should state - for the record - whether he is a paid campaign-Kerry official or on the payroll of the Wa State Democratik party. blush.gif If he isn't, he should just stop trying to relive his college-activism days and grow old gracefully.

Actually...I voted for Kerry...right before I voted against him. blush.gif

Gotta go! Teresa's here with the SUV and wants to get back to our multi-million dollar estate so she can ship some more Ketchup manufacturing jobs overseas before the sun comes up in China.

Ruth Bender Ginsburg is here and wants to discuss an upcoming case with a NOW representative right here on cc.com. Something about a speaking fee too. It's OK though, because everyone knows that liberals like RBG answer to a higher calling than those low-life republican conservatives. When she breaks protocol it must be for a very , very good reason.

Without giving it a whole lot of thought...George Bush Sr.

He has lived an incredible life from WWII dive bomber pilot, to CIA director, to China Ambassador, to President and IMO was a true moderate. Clean Air Act, a case in point.

I sincerely believe he deserved a second term.

BTW....Clinton didn't receive 50% either.

Nope, neither time...mostly due to perot running both times. wasn't perot's 17% or whatever in the 1992 election a record for an independent?

A major difference between the elder shrub and clinton is that clinton was enormously popular, bush wasn't tongue.gif

Bush Sr. is so completely better than his son tho. I dont honestly know all that much about Sr. as a pres, but I dont think he is a genuinely fucked up individual like jr. is. Last time I checked sr. never had some illusion he was mandated by god either, unlike his whacko son. rolleyes.gif