Sooo....... What did you do this weekend.......

Dave_Schuldt

Friday afternnoon - Went to UW rock, ran into catbirdseat.

Saturday - Ran Greenlake at 6:30 AM, nice morning for a run. Did yoga then chores the rest of the day.

Sunday - Did my first WTA work party; Worked on the Mount Si trail. Nice people and a good workouut. Whoever is shortcutting the switch backs YOU SUCK moon.gifHCL.gifthe_finger.gifthumbs_down.gif Didn't rain till the way back then it poured.

1281P6060006-med.JPG

Get out there and get dirty, it's fun!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday drove up into the Giff Pinch with my 3 y/o and my 7 y/o to climb around on Pinto Rock. Got the vanagon stuck in the snow and had to be pulled out by a couple from Wisconsin. Camped off the road.

Saturday, got up and cleared camp. Drove to Smith Rock where there is NO SNOW. (I'll try to cross post a route report letting you all know that there is NO SNOW at Smith Rock). Climbed the rock with the boys.

Sunday climbed some more, my 7 y/o left blood on the rock. What a stud, but there is now a piece of dancer that is now his BITCH.

Sunday night drove back to Portland put the boys and the dog to bed - exhausted. Need a beer.

bigdrink.gif

Maybe Thursday is a little early to be considered the weekend, but the boss was away and the sun out, so I ditched work for the afternoon. Took a friend who's only climbed a few times to Exit 38 and found Gun Show at Far Side. Climbed "Endless Bliss", which is so out of character with the rest of E38 that it warrants many stars, but I don't know about the "classic" status suggested by some. WAY too many bolts. Rappelling to the base, we met Stimson Bullitt and a female companion. Stim was going to self-belay up "Endless", but ended up bailing. We climbed the first pitch of the 5.8 up and to the left, which was absolute crap choss. The pitch above looked nice, but my partner got too pumped to follow the 1st. Took a few laps on the decent, short .10- just left of "Endless", and made for home. thumbs_up.gif

friday & saturday - ass sent through the wringer at broughton's. fukisuk.

sunday - zoo rocks. why the hell doesn't the new eagle canyon exhibit connect to the mountain goat display to make the whole thing a fuk'n circuit?

friday afternoon at index

saturday at pearly gates

sunday did outer space, this was my first time on snow creek wall, don't know what took me so long to do this. what a rockband.gif route

wave.gif whirlwind, what happened man?? did a little rain in the night scare you off yellaf.gif

SAt. Send Ivan's ass through wringer. haahahaha!

Sunday, went to Smiff with Lane Brown. ran into Winter and drew. Hopped on hard cracks (whartly's and lions chair) and a fun route too (white satin-10b var). Beautiful day at smith except for following a crack (lane led in the sun) in a downpour w/lightning.

Water+Chalk=Axel Grease. Didn't see any other of you posers, but a group of 3 girls and one lucky dude mentioned this website, but i didn't mention anything so they didn't know who I was and got hated on. The rain apparently dissovles prana chix and gumbies cuz after the 10 min shower it got sunny and everone was gone. Wish more of you guys were there, it would'a been funnnerer.

Good w/e!

Friday met up with Dave the mason, headed up Cascade River Road to do Forbidden, ran in a couple sketchy looking dudes whom we thought, at first, were cooking up meth in a broken down old winnebago, but as it turned out were just having electrical problems and had been stuck there for two days, passing the time drinking and puffing the hay. We fixed the problem and got the thing started and were celebrating when we managed to terrorize a passing AAI van full of marks and a cute young couple from B'ham in a pick up, who must of thought we were having a full blown meth party. Well, we were rewarded with some soapstone and headed on our way. mushsmile.gif

We woke up to rain and a large bear. It was brown coloured but prolly was a very large black bear, not a griz. GregW and Vegetablebelay showed up around 9:30 and proclaimed the scene too wet so we all headed up to Wa Pass in hopes of some dry alpine. fruit.gif

We were rewarded and geared up in the Blue Lakes parking lot. We headed up to SEWS. Along the way, just below the Liberty Bell Southwest gulley, as we were crossing the talus field, we heard an immense rumbling. We froze for awhile and then from around the corner came massivilly massive amounts of boulders and debris! All towards us!!!!! shocked.gifI yelled LOOK OUT and turned and found a large boulder and jumped behind it just as shit started raining down. It was all sulphur and dust as projectiles flew and slammed past my position. As soon as it all settled down, I got out and yelled to locate and determine the condition of my partners. All were ok and when we surveyed the wreckage, trees rocks and boulders were everywhere. A huge one brought down a tree and landed right next to my shelter!

We laughed a bit disbelievingly and continued on to climb the south arete. Ran into a Goat. got snowed on and had a blast. Whiskey, beer and steaks for dinner down in Winthrop.

Camped up at the pass with hopes to do Black Peak early the next morning but it rained and snowed all night. Headed down to Mazama for coffee and sun. Greg and Vegey headed back to Seattle and Dave and I went and climbed at fun rocks all day in the sun!

bigdrink.gif

saturday at pearly gates

sunday did outer space, this was my first time on snow creek wall, don't know what took me so long to do this. what a rockband.gif route

wave.gif whirlwind, what happened man?? did a little rain in the night scare you off yellaf.gif

Fuck, the weather was ok on snow creek wall on sunday!?!?

everone predicted like 50% chance showers. Fuckin weather report was all over the man. 1st 0% sat 30% sun, then 40%sat 10%sun (got my shit packed up then), then 20%sat(too late) and 50%sun. WTF??? I've gone when it forecast 30% and it rained like a motherfucker all day long.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

still, with a forecast like that and gas prices like they are, I stand behind my decision, but I am fucking pissed that it was ok! you guys suuuuuuuuuuuuuck

saturday at pearly gates

Fuck, the weather was ok on snow creek wall on sunday!?!?

everone predicted like 50% chance showers. Fuckin weather report was all over the man. 1st 0% sat 30% sun, then 40%sat 10%sun (got my shit packed up then), then 20%sat(too late) and 50%sun. WTF??? I've gone when it forecast 30% and it rained like a motherfucker all day long.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

still, with a forecast like that and gas prices like they are, I stand behind my decision, but I am fucking pissed that it was ok! you guys suuuuuuuuuuuuuck

yelrotflmao.gif you need to stop believing those stupid ass weather reports mike, it's always sunny in der leavenworth thumbs_up.gif

We froze for awhile and then from around the corner came massivilly massive amounts of boulders and debris! All towards us!!!!!

i'm jealous!!

its the troll wall, Dru or Eiger of wa pass... collapsing due to global warming... shedding its skin blush.gifblush.gif

Sat- Slept in, then got off my butt around 2pm and did a nice 12 mile hike up in the Indian Peaks Wilderness to a favorite lake to do some fly fishing. Lots of snow to posthole through on the way up but it was ice free and the cutts liked my fly. thumbs_up.gif

Sun- Really slept in,kicked back the whole day til I got a hair up my ass to do a quick 14ner around 6:30 pm. Left at 7pm. yellaf.gif Headed up from summit lake on Mt. Evans as the last rays of light where hitting the summit. Tagged summit 62 minutes later and just got home around 11:30pm. Quite nice...no crowds. yellaf.gif

Good thing you were wearing that helmet! tongue.gif

He wasn't wearing the helmet at the time; that pic was taken on our way down. helmets wouldn't have helped for shit. Apparently nothing exciting ever happens when you live on an island; we heard about Billygoat's "near death" experience all fucking night. the_finger.gif It was spicy, for sure.