Hilleberg Nallo 2/ Bibler I/ Stephenson 3R- Best?

Fuggedaboudit

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is my climbing partner, so for us it is "cozy". The Eldorado has a bit more elbow room, but I-Tent can work for two climbers who are not too big. I like the Eldorado for winter climbs, where the small margin of extra room is really nice. But for carry-overs, it's the I-Tent for sure.

Edited by Stephen_Ramsey

Thanks for the input. What exactly do you mean by "carry-overs"?

Carrying all your camping gear up and over the mountain, and then coming down a different route. I've only done it on Glacier Peak, Mount Shuksan, and Mount Stuart (none of the routes absolutely required a carry over, but we chose to climb them in that fashion). In all three cases, having the light tent was helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

We have the Nallo3-Gt...guided out with snowshoes, ice axes, and trekking poles (total setup time, including clearing snow and stomping out a 'pad', was 5-10 minutes)...it held up with barely a rattle in 40+ mph winds.

Between the Stephenson and Hilleberg, I'd go with the Hilleberg (obviously)

Good luck! :-)

• 1 month later...

Ive had the Nammatj 3GT and now climb with a Nallo 2. Tons of room and love the system better than the Stephensons due to the fact you can dig into the vestibule for added space. Also the double walls are nice;). The Nammatj stood up to 60+mph winds like a bloody brick house with 4 people inside sleeping away the night. The 2 man has enough room for 3 in a pinch or ultra comfy for 2 on an expedition and is lighter than any Bibler stronger too. The vestibule is roomy as its elongated.

Petra at the WA office is really nice to boot. Best customer service of any manufacturer.

Worth every penny and will be going back to McKinley time and time and time and time again.