end of an ERROR

pope

How can you idiots argue the validity of one of Kerry's medals (among many) and not be bothered by the rich-kid draft dodging of Bush? One purple heart seems pretty damn minor compared to all the strikes against bushy.

Treason? BWAHAH.. Moron. pitty.gif

Draft dodging? People currently IN the military aren't eligible to be drafted. Of course, having never served, you may not know that.

'You are going to argue tha Bush's joke service in the rich kid division of the Texas Air National Guard wasn't a direct move to avoid service in Vietnam?

And yes, I never served, so I must be completely uneligiable to make any comments on this matter, huh? rolleyes.gif

Edited by JoshK

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you idiots argue the validity of one of Kerry's medals (among many) and not be bothered by the rich-kid draft dodging of Bush? One purple heart seems pretty damn minor compared to all the strikes against bushy.

Draft dodging? People currently IN the military aren't eligible to be drafted. Of course, having never served, you may not know that.

'You are going to argue tha Bush's joke service in the rich kid division of the Texas Air National Guard wasn't a direct move to avoid service in Vietnam?

I'd love to hear you say that in front of a NG member. You'd be picking up your teeth with your broken arm. You won't, though. Cowards are like that.

What was your service again?

Again I may be way off base but josh think about it this way. From you previous posts I have to assume you against the current war. So if you were put into the position that you could either go and fight and possibly die for somthing you did not at all agree with or take to opportunity to legally avoid it what would you do.

Heres a question. Who really gives a damn if kerry really should have gotten a purple hear. I've seen guys get purple hearts for not much more than a scratch its not exactly up to the person but their command to decide if they earned it. As for bush who cares if he managed to get out of a war that no one wanted to be in anyway. He beat the system. Its like whether or not clinton took a hit in the 70's...who gives a shit every one does dumb shit. I want to know about now and how they are going to take care of current issues.
I agree with much of what Blake says here. Kerry volunteered, however, and asked to serve in Vietnam. Then he served bravely as a combat commander ...and heroically saved the lives of men serving under him. You can't take that away from him.

I'd love to hear you say that in front of a NG member. You'd be picking up your teeth with your broken arm. You won't, though. Cowards are like that.

Funny, I know a few NG members and they think Bush is a load of shit. They know that he didn't actually serve the guard like he should of, but rather did the bare minimum to ensure he had some sort of military service on his record. That's only the opinion of these few guardsman tho.

I said above I never served, you idiot. Last time I checked it isn't a pre-req to be able to have an opinion.

I again return to my original point...how can you critisize Kerry and defend Bush in this matter? How completely hypocritical.

Funny, I know a few NG members and they think Bush is a load of shit. They know that he didn't actually serve the guard like he should of, but rather did the bare minimum to ensure he had some sort of military service on his record. That's only the opinion of these few guardsman tho.

I said above I never served, you idiot. Last time I checked it isn't a pre-req to be able to have an opinion.

I again return to my original point...how can you critisize Kerry and defend Bush in this matter? How completely hypocritical.

No you don't. You don't know a single NG member that has that opinion.

You don't need to have served to have an opinion. An idiot can have one. You just need the background to have an INFORMED opinion. Otherwise, you're just a talking asshole.

Kerry faked war wounds to get out of the military early. That speaks volumes for his character.

I have no intention of denying kerrys service I respect it very much but having served in the military in a conflict I strongly disagree with I can also understand the desire to do what is necessary to participate as little as required. I don't know bush's reasons for what he did perhaps they were his simple desire to skate through the war or perhaps he felt this was his best option to object without running. I'll have to research more.

I thought I was DG? Now I'm Martlet? You get banned for pointing out that JoshK is lying?

No, you get banned for being an obnoxious asshole. By your "argument" style you are most obviously Martlet.

So, it's "obnoxious" when you disagree, funny when you agree. Nice. By your argument style, you're obviously marylou.

...anyone over the age of lets say 40 who has never woken up in the morning and said damn i shouldn't have driven home raise your hand.

White-trash cliché. rolleyes.gif He was thirty years old for crying out loud. This kind of RECKLESS BEHAVIOR is not what I'm looking for in one who is to lead the world's greatest nation through dangerous times. His "decisive action" in Iraq provides another example of recklessness. I think he has good intentions, I just think he's not smart enough to chiefly command the armed forces.

...anyone over the age of lets say 40 who has never woken up in the morning and said damn i shouldn't have driven home raise your hand.

White-trash cliché. rolleyes.gif He was thirty years old for crying out loud. This kind of RECKLESS BEHAVIOR is not what I'm looking for in one who is to lead the world's greatest nation through dangerous times. His "decisive action" in Iraq provides another example of recklessness. I think he has good intentions, I just think he's not smart enough to chiefly command the armed forces.

So you are looking for someone who fakes injuries for personal gain, commits war crimes, and aids and abets the enemy?

That's your summary, those are your interpretations. We should expect that those who will lead us into war understand its serious nature, first-hand preferably.

No interpretation about it. It's what happened. Interesting that it's what you hope to find in a candidate.

In fact I have served and I have held the bodies of my dead friend in my arms a feeling I assume you have not experienced given that you can only quote and not speak your own feelings. I served when I didn't want to because I signed on for it and accepted my committment to my country whether I agreed or not but if I could have avoided having to experience that bloodshed or protected my friends from it I would have. This is how I can understand those that are willing to do what is necessary not to participate. I agree that if you are called to duty to step up to the plate but I cannot falt those who do not go at it with zeal.

How am I lying, moron?

The fact that you are arguing Bush's service is somehow more honerable than Kerry's is just completely laughable. It speaks volumes about you.

You make up facts to support your argument. You don't even KNOW a NG member. Period.

Kerry committed WAR CRIMES. That alone makes Bush's service more honorable.

How am I lying, moron?

The fact that you are arguing Bush's service is somehow more honerable than Kerry's is just completely laughable. It speaks volumes about you.

You make up facts to support your argument. You don't even KNOW a NG member. Period.

Kerry committed WAR CRIMES. That alone makes Bush's service more honorable.

LOL, yes, I made up my friend Kevin's father *and* mother. I guess they are just figments of my imaginiation huh?

War Crimes...so like what our soliders in Iraq did that you defended? rolleyes.gif

yellaf.gif, you are out there Fat boy.

Shouldn't Bush's "service" be referred to in quotes?

Why, service in the National Guard isn't considered service anymore?

Kerry committed war crimes. He negotiated illegally with the enemy. That's good service? Hell, the commies memorialized him in their good commie museum.