matthewmc23

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

The North Face of Shuksan was "put up" in 1923. Who taught you climber slang, stranger?

Drul I believe the correct term would be sent, ie the north face of Shuksan was "sent" in 1923. That way everyone from the climbing gyms will understand. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by jon:

quote:

The North Face of Shuksan was "put up" in 1923. Who taught you climber slang, stranger?

Drul I believe the correct term would be sent, ie the north face of Shuksan was "sent" in 1923. That way everyone from the climbing gyms will understand.
[big Grin]
But was it an onsight, flash, redpoint or pinkpoint, and if you use another parties' kicked steps does that count as aid? Also were there leashes on their ice axes?

You'd have to perform a very long traverse across Nooksack Tower and the entire Price Glacier to climb the N. Face via Nooksack Glacier. Nooksack Glacier is on the other side.

Judging from the postings, it looks like Keith and I are the only ones all season who bagged this route due to conditions, because we were unlucky enough to encounter 70 degree temperatures and wet snow slides at our late starting hour. Next time I plan to set out from Seattle before midnight for sure.

Regarding first pitch of Liberty Crack: I think the hardest move is at the dihedral about midway, and there is usually a fixed rope you can grab if you want to. It's Index-style tricky climbing there, maybe similar in difficulty to Thin Fingers crux. It's a nice pitch.

You guys are a riot. I hope you all get there and climb and aren't just a bunch of cyber sand baggin' spray lords. There certainly seems to be quite an ongoing dialogue of gradeshoolesque bathroom banter. But I really like the little animated smiley faces. How do I use those?

quote:

Originally posted by matthewmc23:

You guys are a riot. I hope you all get there and climb and aren't just a bunch of cyber sand baggin' spray lords. There certainly seems to be quite an ongoing dialogue of gradeshoolesque bathroom banter. But I really like the little animated smiley faces. How do I use those?

none of us climb. we all suck

[Moon][Roll Eyes][Razz][Wink][Eek!][Cool][geek][sleep]

I think the North Face of Shuksan was put up much earily than the 20th century. Over 10 million year ago the Juan de Fuca plate started moving east under the Cascadian plate. The result was a buckling action on the western edge of the Cascadian plate and hence, Shuksan was 'put up'.