Is the pressure getting to his head?

Stonehead

Bush's Erratic Behavior Worries White House Aides

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/printer_4636.shtml

President George W. Bush’s increasingly erratic behavior and wide mood swings has the halls of the West Wing buzzing lately as aides privately express growing concern over their leader’s state of mind.

In meetings with top aides and administration officials, the President goes from quoting the Bible in one breath to obscene tantrums against the media, Democrats and others that he classifies as “enemies of the state.”

Worried White House aides paint a portrait of a man on the edge, increasingly wary of those who disagree with him and paranoid of a public that no longer trusts his policies in Iraq or at home.

“It reminds me of the Nixon days,” says a longtime GOP political consultant with contacts in the White House. “Everybody is an enemy; everybody is out to get him. That’s the mood over there.”

In interviews with a number of White House staffers who were willing to talk off the record, a picture of an administration under siege has emerged, led by a man who declares his decisions to be “God’s will” and then tells aides to “fuck over” anyone they consider to be an opponent of the administration.

“We’re at war, there’s no doubt about it. What I don’t know anymore is just who the enemy might be,” says one troubled White House aide. “We seem to spend more time trying to destroy John Kerry than al Qaeda and our enemies list just keeps growing and growing.”

Remember the pretzel...? See picture in article.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/01/14/bush.fainting/

Well, now here's the bicycle incident (see story and picture below):

r3346117077.jpg

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040523/D82NV4T80.html

And, how could we ever forget the Segway mishap?

segwaypresident.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious... If Tenet is in fact being fired to be made an example of, why would the administration be saying what a great guy he was and what a great service he did? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

The bushies are loathe to admit they were wrong. About anything. Tenet resigning for "personal" reasons allows you to replace him and "fix" the problem wihtout ever admitting there was one.

Just curious... If Tenet is in fact being fired to be made an example of, why would the administration be saying what a great guy he was and what a great service he did? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

The bushies are loathe to admit they were wrong. About anything. Tenet resigning for "personal" reasons allows you to replace him and "fix" the problem wihtout ever admitting there was one.

What problem does that fix? It would only fix the problem if you chastized him.

What problem does that fix? It would only fix the problem if you chastized him.

It changes the leadership of the CIA. The one that under Tenet:

a)Mistook Sudan Medical Factory for Chemical Weapons Plant

b)Missed 9/11

c)Thought WMD's were a "slam dunk"

Public chastizing's are BS

"It's God's will" is not a phrase I want to hear from a President regarding policy decisions he's made. If this is true, I find it pretty damn scary.

Yeah, I have said this from the beginning. "God's will" is the same argument the terrorists use. He's an evangelical nut.

"It's God's will" is not a phrase I want to hear from a President regarding policy decisions he's made. If this is true, I find it pretty damn scary.

Here's a quote from that press conference of his back in April.

"freedom is the Almighty's gift to every man and woman in this world. And as the greatest power on the face of the Earth, we have an obligation to help the spread of freedom."

Well there's his justification for the driving force of our foreign policy.

You can be a loose canoon off the cuff nut and still be completely unable to form your own policy decisions. It's pretty easy to yell that you want to invade iraq then leave it up to your co-conspirators to take care of the matters.

Why are you completely unwilling to entertain the idea that isn't the greatest leader and he has some serious faults? I highly doubt you know any more about this than any of us do, and I'm sure I buy that the sources all are made up.