Mattp's new Darrington guidebook

Off_White

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not planning my own guidebook effort, though I do intend to add more to my website. David Whitelaw and David Gunstone both have Darrington guidebook projects under way, and I'll help them in any way that I can. I've also sent information to Jeff Smoot.

Well that's good news. I'm not familiar with Gunstone, but I've liked Whitelaw's guidebooks in the past. Smoot seems, well, inadequate with regards to Darrington and just doesn't have the passion to get it right, as was made clear with a recent comparison to your online topo work.

Just a note to confirm that I am in fact about 70% complete on a new guide for Darrington. I expect to have it available in March.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone about anything that pertains to Darrington, hiking details or stories, fishing details or stories, small town gene-pool theories and of course, climbing information. Cool pics are welcomed for review too!

What are some important things you'd like to see covered in a new publication about D-Town?