Yosemite Partner

bigwalling

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomtom, I am not stupid. I would guess that it is near yosemite falls but it could be by any of several other large falls in the valley. I assume from cj's cryptic post that he believes it to be near the lost arrow spire. I have only heard of lost arrow chimneys route over in that area and do not consider that a wall but there might well be something over there.

Tex, it is right there at the falls themself. Kinda in the area left of the Lost Arrow and on over to the falls (i.e. between the arrow and the falls). Basically, it's a late July-Oct area because of the water. Kohl has put up some routes over there. One of his starts just left of the start of the LA CHimney. Another starts over by Freestone.

EDITED to say: I said late July-OCt, and he was suggesting late June. It could actually be a nice area for late June because the mist off the falls could be a nice little air conditioner. I'm not too familiar with the specific routes on the Falls Wall, but I know some of them are closer to the Arrow than the falls, so the routes might not be wet at all.

Edited by willstrickland

yeah, it's known as the "Falls Wall" by all the cool people. It acctually includes the Rock on both sides of the Falls and the LA Spire.

Lots of unrepeated Kohl routes over there (uhhh...like no thanks)...the one in the photo goes almost directly up the path of the Falls.

There are some moderates too, but not many. The Reid book shows some of the old ones.