Tooth Count

chucK

Yes Merv, sounds like he was as traumatized as you! hahaha.gif

No. I didn't get that impression at all.

By the way, have you thought of my offer for filming rights? You went strangely and unusually silent...

No, I haven't thought much of your "offer", because I dismissed it as one of the lamest things I've ever read on this web-site.

Oh, and how's City Park going? You've been spotted aiding your way up the thing again....

Is that so? Haven't been on it this year....wasn't on it last year....or was it the year before? I don't really remember, but I do love that route so maybe I'll blast up there later this Fall. Maybe you can watch and learn? I'll teach you how to avoid or skip bolts. Or are you one of these people who saw an apparition of me up there soloing everytime you walked under the wall during the early '90's? yellaf.gifrolleyes.gif

hs-patch.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lambone, you have been a real jackass lately. Why don't you go climb something and post a TR and quit spewing shit all over this website. the_finger.gif

Sorry you have to put up with this trash in yer nice little toof thread Chuck.

I've climbed duh toof 5 times ( once in winter via NE face <-click ) and got shut down on it once (S face in winter).

I like Da Toof. thumbs_up.gif

• 1 year later...

Please somebody explain to me how somebody gets a cam stuck on the Tooth?! Why does one even need cams on the Tooth?! I must admit though I did loose a curved nut on that climb, have no idea how it didn't come out. My partner tried it and couldn't get it out and I tried to free it for 15 minutes when we were downclimbing/rappelling. It was like the rock somehow shrunk after it was placed. To this day, that is the only piece of gear I ever got "fixed".

About 20 years ago I climbed Princely Ambitions using a rack of nuts and hexes. The flake section (below where the big block was) on the first pitch was in the sun when I placed the hexes. After I finished the pitch, the flake was in shade. My partner couldn't get the gear out. Being a beginner, I figured he just didn't know how. On rappel, I sweated and cursed, but the hexes wouldn't budge. It took a trip to the truck to get a hammer and a relead of the pitch to finally get my gear out of the flake. There was definately some change in crack dimension during my lead that day.