Tooth Count

chucK

356261-toothdc.jpg

Went up for a lap on Der Tooth yesterday morning (conditions quite good right now BTW, easy walking snow, soft enough for safe axe-free glissades too).

And Michael Layton, I used my Cinder Cones. They are soaked but worked well.

Anyway, that was 3 times this year (so far).

Here's a report of my first Tooth send of '04, and I followed that up a couple weeks later with a send that I failed to cheastbeat about.

What's your Tooth Count? Keep a running tally in this thread.

Fabulous prize for unabashed person with highest credible Tooth Count grin.gif by year's end.

356261-toothdc.jpg.65abc528acbb64d54f5c1f51ebdfee4f.jpg

Edited by chucK

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Zero

i don't understand the interest in doing the tooth multiple times. it was fun the first time but hardly a sensational route. partners have tried to talk me into a quick lap on it but the thought holds little interest for me. maybe it is just me but once is enough for most alpine routes, even the best ones.

I looked at the Tooth yesterday. There were some serious looking types toting ice axes, hiking way too fast, and such nonsense in that area, but I am not certain if that was their destination. You can stil ski all the way down to the base of alpental valley right now. Same with Silver Peak. All the way to the meadows.

The tooth is cool, it's easy to get to, easy to climb in any weather and best of all there is no other climb in the cascade's that is more spray - worthy !! I think I've only done it once this year, but maybe 5 or 6 times overall. This is a gaper tr of a solo climb on my birthday a couple of years ago.

This photo is from earlier this year during one of those weekends that everyone stays home because the weather is so crap. (by the way in early winter the direct climb up to pinapple pass is super fun, with snow, ice, rock moves, and a cornice).

301605-tim.jpg

The tooth is cool, it's easy to get to, easy to climb in any weather and best of all there is no other climb in the cascade's that is more spray - worthy !!

If by spray worthy you mean sucky, chossy, crowded and altogether lame then i have to agree with you.

Nice winter pic, that would add some excitement to it.

The tooth is cool, it's easy to get to, easy to climb in any weather and best of all there is no other climb in the cascade's that is more spray - worthy !!

If by spray worthy you mean sucky, chossy, crowded and altogether lame then i have to agree with you.

Hey man, don't bag on my hardest redpoint like that! Not everybody can be Superman! cry.gifcry.gif

All the haters: thumbs_down.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Yes, cman is definitely not a "friend of the Tooth". yellaf.gif

GD,

on my way out I passed this guy coming up the Snow Lake trail, apparently laboring intensely in the hot sun, with long rainpants and long-sleeve dark-blue polypro. Good size backpack too, and treking poles. Looked mighty uncomfortable. I think I was the one hiking way too fast though.

cool pic jja! bigdrink.gif

There hasnt been any crowds up there when I was there and the rock is very solid. If cman was there I think it would start feeling like an unpleasantly corwded place in no time! boxing_smiley.gif

right on cracked thumbs_up.gif haters suck thumbs_down.gif

I climbed der Toof for the first time a couple years ago with Gary_Yngve and (inadvertently) a horde of Mounties. I told a partner of mine from Virginia, who had never done an alpine climb, about the majestic Toof and he got all fired up about it. Five days later, we laid siege to the south face and were rewarded with the summit.

If I had kept up that furious pace of ascents, my Tooth Count would be up past one hundred by now. Geek_em8.gif

• 3 months later...

Four (4)

Notes:

After some searching, spied that route with the fixed draws that Dr. Merv was bitching about. That route looks pretty impressive! Has it ever been climbed? What about free climbed?

Afternoon was recurrently punctuated by the thunder of dynamite being used to smooth out the Snow Lakes trail. Reminded me of the Winter up there.

Pleasantly uncrowded, bluebird day, blah blah blah. You shoulda been there laugh.gif

After some searching, spied that route with the fixed draws that Dr. Merv was bitching about.

Keep your eyes off the trail and the "route" isn't too hard to miss.

That route looks pretty impressive!

Sure...if you consider a line of closely-spaced rap-bolts festooned with abandoned quick-draws in the woods impressive. Did you remove the litter?

Has it ever been climbed? What about free climbed?

Has it ever been "climbed"? What about sieging it into submission?

Glad you had a nice trip, Dr. Chuck. Some may scoff at The Tooth but it's a lot of fun and a nice workout. Sorry you had to experience the eye-sore on the way up to the peak.