meanwhile, in a gun-toting utopia...

ashw_justin

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh... and a 'nicely planted ice-tool' wouldn't do shit against a non human predator... which is what the article was describing. Geek_em8.gif

cry.gifsnugtop.gif

Get some pepper spray. It's nice and refreshing when you get a good shot in the face. ...trust me. blush.gifcry.gif

Do charging bears respond well to pistol rounds? Or does the pain just help make up their minds that they do indeed want to kill you? Really, to be safe I think we should all carry fully automatic shotguns and AK-47's into the wilderness, because you never know what's waiting for you out in the Big Bad Outdoors.

Yeah I changed my mind, I'm gonna support the gun lobby because I think not only do we have a right to carry guns everywhere, but it's a civic duty. Just like it's every honorable citizen's resposibility to shoot all threatening entities on sight, at least three times in a vital area. This guy, he's a f'ing liberal hag for not shooting the dogs too. They needed to pay for not obeying the leash law. In fact, he should be shot for not taking responsibliity for thoroughly utilizing his right to protect himself. From now on, all hikers are required to carry at least one firearm with them at all times, the magazine capacity of which is not to be less than 15 rounds and must by law contain at least 10% hollowpoints and 10% explosive rounds.

Oh... by the way... I carried my piece into forest lands today. Cought some really nice cutties and didn't really feel like lugging them back to the trailhead in a cougar infested area...

Scott Harpell --You carry a gun when you go trout fishing in the backcountry because you think a cougar is going to attack you if you carry fish on the trail?

I'm sorry pal, but you are truly a moron.

How many times do you think you can do this your lifetime and not let luck catch up to you? I hvae done this near 15 times this month. I also do it for a living... I think my exposure level is a little bit more involved than some climber at smith rocks toting luna bars.

Ask Fred Beckey or any long time cascade climber how often they carry guns into the wilderness. rolleyes.gif

And I beg to differ. While I might get pretty hurt in the process I think an ice tool would kill anything off but a bear, and the chance of a black bear attacking you are pretty slim. Do you honestly worry about some animal attacking you in the woods? That's pretty sad if so.

Oh... by the way... I carried my piece into forest lands today. Cought some really nice cutties and didn't really feel like lugging them back to the trailhead in a cougar infested area...

Scott Harpell --You carry a gun when you go trout fishing in the backcountry because you think a cougar is going to attack you if you carry fish on the trail?

I'm sorry pal, but you are truly a moron.

How many times do you think you can do this your lifetime and not let luck catch up to you? I hvae done this near 15 times this month. I also do it for a living... I think my exposure level is a little bit more involved than some climber at smith rocks toting luna bars.

Ask Fred Beckey or any long time cascade climber how often they carry guns into the wilderness. rolleyes.gif

And I beg to differ. While I might get pretty hurt in the process I think an ice tool would kill anything off but a bear, and the chance of a black bear attacking you are pretty slim. Do you honestly worry about some animal attacking you in the woods? That's pretty sad if so.

I dare you to go up against a cougar with an ice axe... and yeah... when i am by myself and 20 miles out with a kill, I am kinda scared... what's your point?

I don't need a gun.
Whatever tough guy

So I'm just wondering. If you're posting here that you carry a gun, do you carry it because you feel that you need it? ..Or do you just like guns?

It's my job to carry a gun. Several of them in fact. It's also part of my job to be able to crush someone with my bare hands. Something I have become quite adept at over time. What's it to you tough guy?

Well I suppose that is your opinion, but I think you would be hard pressed to find someone where I work not packing heat.

rolleyes.gif

Well, you're pretty fucking tough, but you said you carry your gun along when you go trout fishing to ward off all the cougars waiting alongside the trail to kill you for your trout. Which strikes me as unlikely, and more than a bit paranoid. cantfocus.gif

Whatever... it is my perogative... if that is what I need to feel safe in the outdoors by myself 20+ miles out... its my deal. I don't comment on you guys out there with your goretex and hydration bladders and GPS gadgets... If you even want to come work a day with me this summer without packing... you are more then welcome... Mmmm bear bait. wave.gif

I don't need a gun.
Whatever tough guy

So I'm just wondering. If you're posting here that you carry a gun, do you carry it because you feel that you need it? ..Or do you just like guns?

It's my job to carry a gun. Several of them in fact. It's also part of my job to be able to crush someone with my bare hands. Something I have become quite adept at over time. What's it to you tough guy?

Well I'm glad you see an option other than popping off boku rounds at the first sign of danger. A bare-handed crushing is a lot less evil than popping off three rounds from safe distance.

I don't need a gun.
Whatever tough guy

Well I'm glad you see an option other than popping off boku rounds at the first sign of danger. A bare-handed crushing is a lot less evil than popping off three rounds from safe distance.

So what is a safe distance? Any average Joe to hit a guy 3 fer 3 in the chest on top of adrenaline would have to be preety freaking close. But I suppose if your only gun education is from Clint Eastwood movies, 100 yard shots with a .45 handgun are routine... rolleyes.gif

Whatever... it is my perogative... if that is what I need to feel safe in the outdoors by myself 20+ miles out... its my deal. I don't comment on you guys out there with your goretex and hydration bladders and GPS gadgets... If you even want to come work a day with me this summer without packing... you are more then welcome... Mmmm bear bait. wave.gif

I don't know dude, I think cougars generally attack by stealth, from the back and from above. And they go straight for the neck, so you're half-way to dead before you even know you're under attack. I advise walking backwards with the sidearms cocked and loaded, otherwise that hip-weight is doing nothing more than slowing you down. pitty.gif

I don't need a gun.
Whatever tough guy

So what is a safe distance? Any average Joe to hit a guy 3 fer 3 in the chest on top of adrenaline would have to be preety freaking close. But I suppose if your only gun education is from Clint Eastwood movies, 100 yard shots with a .45 handgun are routine... rolleyes.gif

The last time I shot a .357, I was 12 years old.

I don't know dude, I think cougars generally attack by stealth, from the back and from above. And they go straight for the neck, so you're half-way to dead before you even know you're under attack. I advise walking backwards with the sidearms cocked and loaded, otherwise that hip-weight is doing nothing more than slowing you down. pitty.gif

Not true really. Adults attacked by cougars rarely end up dead. In washington, only one adult has died to cougar attacks. I would like to still limit the amout of time this guy is on top of me. bast5038-2443.jpg

I don't need a gun.
Whatever tough guy

Exactly... last time for me was 3 days ago. wave.gif

I don't need a gun.
Whatever tough guy

Exactly... last time for me was 3 days ago. wave.gif

yelrotflmao.gif

WTF is exact about it? The last time you shot a gun has nothing to do with my "gun education."