ltown granite

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah man Cracked AND Distel were there? Dang and we were busy torturing our feet on low-angle slabs. madgo_ron.gif

Where were you guys anyway?

Chestbeat: I had to lead a 5.9 slab in the rain... pitty.gif

...cuz I had to get my gear off of the .11c that I was busy flailing on when it started raining. Geek_em8.gifyellaf.gif

haha, you were there biatch!!!

Alpinfox also did numerous v3's and MisterE did a cool FA on a v2ish arete. We watched Cracked flail on the v1s.....so sad.....

Oh yeah. I wuz dere. smirk.gif

The V5 will fall next time. I am sendbot! rockband.gif

Swiftwater is niftE. thumbs_up.gif

Crackbolter, Pandora, and NOLSe were also in attendence. wave.gif

Swiftwater is a picnic area on Hwy2 at about mile marker 90.

Picnic area is on South side of the road. There are boulders on south and north sides.

Link for candy-ass beeeeeatches!

Haha! Distel tried to tell me that "Footless Traverse was "V3"!!! hellno3d.gif You be sandbaggin' me! madgo_ron.gif

26. Footless Traverse (V6) *** A long, pumping, technical face traverse on the uproad side of the huge boulder just left of Royal Flush. Good luck!

ps. other things aside there's no reason to get down on somebody just because they can't boulder very well, although in this case, I understand... boxing_smiley.gif

exactly. Paul is a major exception. Especially because he was talking trash about bouldering while he was at swiftwater bouldering. I just found that to be lame.

Luke, I'm not going to get sucked into another little flame war here. Suffice to say, you need to understand that there's a difference betwenn self-depricating friendly ribbing, and trash talking.

On a more positive note, I'm getting stoked for rock climbing again, whether Distel is going to make fun of me for not having climbed in a long while or not. cry.gif I had a good winter, and I'm looking forward to having a good summer, too.

fruit.gif

ps. other things aside there's no reason to get down on somebody just because they can't boulder very well, although in this case, I understand... boxing_smiley.gif

exactly. Paul is a major exception. Especially because he was talking trash about bouldering while he was at swiftwater bouldering. I just found that to be lame.

yelrotflmao.gif

Yeah that sounds about right... way to represent in "enemy territory" cracked hahaha.gif

Oh well, one of these days I'll get to see you crankmasters in action. I can only climb like maybe V2 or V3 though. I have to go back to finish off this one. You'll probably recognize it. I was guessing it's like V2 but I don't know.

354635-TraverseWide.jpg

354635-TraverseWide.jpg.398ddf5898966559d618127b890565f6.jpg

Edited by ashw_justin

Swiftwater is a picnic area on Hwy2 at about mile marker 90.

Picnic area is on South side of the road. There are boulders on south and north sides.

Link for candy-ass beeeeeatches!

Haha! Distel tried to tell me that "Footless Traverse was "V3"!!! hellno3d.gif You be sandbaggin' me! madgo_ron.gif

26. Footless Traverse (V6) *** A long, pumping, technical face traverse on the uproad side of the huge boulder just left of Royal Flush. Good luck!

it isn't v6. I told you it was v4. The guide says 3, but its a 4. Not even close to a 6.

Back to the original discussion in this thread... Ltown granite is sweet. Me and ASHW_ found good sport routes and cracks even though neither of us had been there before. Camping was hard to find, but only because it was a busy weekend. And it sounds like there is good bouldering too. It was fun.

it isn't v6. I told you it was v4. The guide says 3, but its a 4. Not even close to a 6.

Dats true, you did say 4, I'm just messin witcha.

I think the traverse is harder than the V5 I was working on though. It don't matta. It's gonna fall to the BoulderFox as well!

rockband.gif