Ramone Rock ?

tivoli_mike

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mike:

I am sure you already know, but, there is plenty of eashy stuff on the Great Northern Slab at the lower town wall to practice on, that is were I cut my teeth (and still am) several short pitches 5.0-5.10 and short approach. Have a good one.

Mr. W -

Your posting privileges are hereby revoked until further notice! [Wink] I actually had a so-called "partner" cancel on me this am for a Sunday trip to those very crags you mentioned. One word of warning tho - don't go in hot weather!!!!! If I can figure out how to get my SCSI card working I'll scan some pics.

almost 20 years ago Chris Greyell and I put up about 15 routes on the group of small granite crags about a mile to the left of Ramone Rock. You can see them directly across the valley from the road near the terminus of what I guess is Skyline Ridge. There are several rocks that have 3-5 75' routes in the 5.7-5.10 range. We spent about 5 days there and called them the Half Moon Crags.

• 7 years later...