klenke

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pet peeves...

1) inefficient phone-customer-service-systems for phone/bank/creditcard/insurance/etc. ....like the ones that make you enter your damn account number and PIN into yer damn phone and then, after you jump thru ALL the hoops and FINALLY get to talk to a frickin HUMAN you have to give said human you're acct number and PIN again!!! WTF? rolleyes.gif

2) northwest drivers... overall I do like the courtesy of Pac NW drivers; too much is definitely better than too little. but sometimes it can get annoying tho, like the fact that people here merge into their exit-lane like WAAAY before they have to, being determined to not be rude and "snake" as some call it. (snaking is driving ALL they way up to the place where you HAVE to merge, and then zipping into an open spot and pissing off the drivers who've been waiting in the traffic backup forever).

I mean snaking sucks, but I'll do it now and then cuz let's face it, when NOBODY snakes you have this traffic backup in the exit-lane that stretches for miles and the other lane is just plain USELESS. (this only applies tho to roadways of 3+ lanes.. if there's only 2 lanes, snaking sucks regardless)

3) people who don't supervise/discipline their kids ... like i was at REI yesterday checking out this bike helmet and this bratty kid comes up outta the blue and says "can i see it, i wanna see it!!" and tries to grab it outta my hands! hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif at first I thot his parents were like no where in sight, but then I hear from 10 feet away daddy say to mommy something like "I think I'm gonna take [junior] to the kids play area .. come here now[junior]"

and no scolding at all! ... I felt like smacking th' dipshit dad upside the head!!! madgo_ron.gifboxing_smiley.gif

....un-buh-LIEVE-a-ble.

ditto on #2. It would make life so more simple and easy to follow the rules if everyone just waited to merge 'til it was time. Otherwise you have to wonder about all those boners who wait in the long line, if they're gonna get bent out of shape.

As for #3, sounds like a sorta annoying thing, but would you rather the problem just go away, as it sounds like it did, or would you rather view some guy losing it with his kid?

I'm curious, cause I'll be getting all bent out of shape with my kids in a public place, and then I'll start worrying if people are getting more imposed upon by having to witness family squabblin' and the one-step away from child abuse deal.

And as far as the dumbass NW traffic people go, I think people driving like clueless wanderers is only really terrible if you're in a major hurry. I mean, if you didn't get stuck behind that guy going 55 in the 60 lane, it probably is going to cost you 5 minutes MAX. Probably more like 20 seconds. What bugs me is people who get aggro imposing their rules of the road on people who are in essence not inconveniencing them either at all or very minorly.

Here's a grocery store pet peeve: the blatantly confusing value/volume labeling under the prices, where they have like the cheerios listing is $/ounce, the sfway rolled oats is listed as $/pound, and then the next smaller box is listed in $/pint or number of o's or something ridiculous like that. madgo_ron.gifyellaf.gif

blatantly confusing value/volume labeling under the prices, where they have like the cheerios listing is $/ounce, the sfway rolled oats is listed as $/pound, and then the next smaller box is listed in $/pint or number of o's or something ridiculous like that.

Exactly! the_finger.gif

As for #3, sounds like a sorta annoying thing, but would you rather the problem just go away, as it sounds like it did, or would you rather view some guy losing it with his kid?

I'm curious, cause I'll be getting all bent out of shape with my kids in a public place, and then I'll start worrying if people are getting more imposed upon by having to witness family squabblin' and the one-step away from child abuse deal.

yeah, it'sa delicate balance there... I was disgusted that this moron didn't scold/reprimand his kid at all, but at the same time the other extreme totally sucks even more.

I mean yellin at a kid in a public place for having just done something stoopid is one thing, but when you see a parent getting [what semes to be] physically abusive with their kid ... that makes yer blood boil too. have only seen that kinda thing once or twice, and it was never bad enuf to call the cops or DSHS, but boy was I tempted to, or at least tell the parent a thing or two.

actually once when I was in Greenwood Mkt I came upon these two fat, surly-looking middle age women, each with a young kid in tow. one was saying to the other "NO, you DON'T have the right to treat your kid 'any which way you please'!!! ... if you keep it up myself or someone you pass by in some store is gonna call the POLICE!!"

I hadn't seen what actually happened prior to their argument, but at any rate I was thinking, "Yeahh.. way to go lady. you tell 'er."

OH YEAH, another driving pet-peeve... people who can't park their damn stinkin car between two simple white lines!! madgo_ron.gif I mean, it's bad enuf when it's an SUV sprawled out across a "Compact" parking spot.. but then you sometimes see a compact car who's covering the ol' white line. it's like, c'mon people!! rolleyes.gif

People that brake instead of merging. madgo_ron.gif

Boulderers that MUST COMMENT ON EVERY SINGLE MOVE THAT EVERY PERSON MAKES (never quietly, either) madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

People that rack up in the parking lot

Fat people in spandex

half-caf, skinny blah blah blah blah... just order a fuckin' cuppa! boxing_smiley.gif

3) people who don't supervise/discipline their kids ...

The corollary to this is, of course, getting reprimanded by the parents for imposing a little parenting on their precious little Bratleigh and/or Snotleigh. I was in a Barnes and Noble once and there was this kid sitting on the ground just beating the living daylights out of a hard cover book (i.e. using it like a hammer). Mom obviously wasn't doing anything about it, being so engrossed in what I'm hoping was a copy of "Parenting for Dummies", so I simply said "Hey, stop that". I went off into some other section and "Mom" tracked me down and started berating me for "disciplining" her child..... boxing_smiley.gif

sounds like the heinous cling beta spew you occasionally have to endure while climbing moonshine d. etc.

peeve

1) Store clerks intent on bagging everything, even if I have only bought one thing, and it is already in a bag

2) The strange looks people give you when biking in the rain

3) invisible head-height spider webs

4) a mosquito whining in your tent as you try to go to sleep

5) being woken up by the mosquito whining in your ear

6) people who gyrate around after they throw a bowling ball as if they can influence where it will go

Went in to the local Supercuts. Some unkempt woman starts to cough as she is cutting my hair. She asks me if I knew a person could get kicked out of a movie theater for coughing. Then proceeds to tell me that it happened to her the night before, she had to wait in the car while her husband and son finished watching the movie. Said it was cool cause they gave her a free voucher to come back when not coughing so she saw half a movie for free. Only coughed a few more times but I worked hard at breathing in only when she turned to get a comb or clippers.

Rich

I can understand people being protective of their children with respect to other adults disciplining them, but sometimes they gotta try to accurately assess the situation. One time I was at McDonald's in the playland screaming hellbox and I looked up from whatever I was trying to read and saw some bigger kid sitting on my son's chest and taunting him while my son was losing it (scared). So I run over there and lift the kid off of mine and we go back to our table and get calmed down. A while later some irate grandma is bitchin' at me for scaring her kid! For lifting him I guess rolleyes.gif. Tough luck lady. I am such a bully. Geek_em8.gif

Corollary on those who don't park between the white lines. What about those stupid parking lots that assume everyone has an '86 Civic or something? REI to name one place, the pool over by my house for another. We do not have a giant car (it is a Buick, but it's not THAT big), and it barely fits in those spots. If someone tries to park an SUV anywhere around, fuggedaboutit, you're climbing out the sunroof. pitty.gif

I just spent 4 days at Smith- my peave list would be way too long to write. I think in general, I just don't like other climbers. I hope climbing goes back out of style soon. One thing I noticed- the people down there sure do take those bolted climbs seriously. It's almost as if they don't realize they're only training tools for real climbing.

5) Reality TV. Is this fad over yet?

6) Everything has to be "low carb" now. It's not a magic bullet, people. A Big Mac with the bun removed is still unhealthy.

7) Dumb-ass TV commercials that insult my intelligence. A talking oven mitt is not humorous. Neither is an old guy dressed up like a computer monitor looking at cars.

8) Channels that show the same 3 commercials every break. This means you, History Channel.

There sure are a lot of unhappy people out there. Maybe if you stopped letting all the little things bug you, you'd be happier. wink.gif I have no peeves, everything is copasetic.

PS - except people talking on cell phones while driving. That is not a peeve, that endangers my life.

PSS - and littering

PSSS - and smoking in public places; do that shit in your own car or in your own house.