A question for the ladies

layton

That Prana top debate got me thinking. Sorry about going off, I was in a very very bad mood and instead of taking it out on real people, I take it out on imaginary characters.

Anyway, a good point was made that if you are a girl and climbing at the gym or crag etc... i would assume that you did not come there to be hit on and would find that annoying. Same goes with a regular gym, at work as a waitress, clerk, or a customer somewhere, ect...

So, my question is, is the only place that is acceptable to hit on a girl You Don't Know at a meat-market nightclub? If yes, then I am doomed b/c after living in PDX for 9 months, I do not personally know any single chicas (or many not-single for that matter). If no, then what are acceptable locations, and the rules of engagement?

I decided I am utterly utterly clueless since I've always dated long term relationships with girls I've been friends with alread, so I better get advice from the other 1/2 (all three of you).

Flame awayboxing_smiley.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael, I think the key is subtlety and coolness. IMO hitting-on can be done in any of the above-mentioned places as long as it's not too in-your-face, more friendly and nice than working hard to get the digits. And if the chica in question is busy actually doing something, like climbing, you gotta make your focus on that rather than on her, or her fineness, or her gender. Also women are sensitive to what seems to be, to the guy, helpful information, and to her, condescension. I think that's a common trap WRT beta and whatnot.

That make sense?

you are doomed for more reasons than can be enumerated. the_finger.gif

btw: flirting playfully and full-on-pushing-up on a woman are different. maybe your approach sucks. maybe you are just ugly.

Tru Dat! bigdrink.gif, except for the full-on-pushing-up on thing. I just like to watch smileysex5.gif

cripes...do i have to say it again? you guys make this whole dating thing so frikkin difficult.

a) see hot chica, strike up a conversation, suggest a second meeting if she likes you she'll say yes

b) see chica, happen to talk/get to know chica b/c you happen to be in the same place for a while. you like chica suggest an additional being in the same place at the same time event.

c) repeat a and/or b w/chica until one of you doesn't like the other

d) start w/ a and/or b

this applies at the crag, at the grocery store, in class, at the bar, etc etc etc.