Dannyism?

pope

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I [insert reference to chestbeating pace I set back on Mt. Whatnot to confirm my street cred, perhaps with a touch of name-dropping] but I'm [insert thin veil of self-deprecation to poorly disguise boasting] so I don't think it's that great of a time.

Well I [insert reference to chestbeating pace I set back on Mt. Whatnot to confirm my street cred, perhaps with a touch of name-dropping] but I'm [insert thin veil of self-deprecation to poorly disguise boasting] so I don't think it's that great of a time.

Is this what you call a 'Dannyism'?

That doesn't sound too extreme. You can do it in less than an hour fairly easily with a fast hike. I can't imagine twice the time with a big pack is too hard for somebody in shape.

I've been meaning to ask about times up Si- I'm trying to get my sorry, lethargic ass back in shape. What is a respectable time up the old trail, say to the little clearing in the trees just past the boulders, not to the top of the Ghayperstack? Under an hour is fast in my book, with all the switchbacks.

I'm no track star but I've done 1:20 to the top of the Haystack. I kind of assumed that is where the journey and the clock stops. No? Also, I'm pretty impressed that anybody could carry 60 pounds up in less than two hours, especially a 45-year-old talk jock.

I'm no track star but I've done 1:20 to the top of the Haystack. I kind of assumed that is where the journey and the clock stops. No? Also, I'm pretty impressed that anybody could carry 60 pounds up in less than two hours, especially a 45-year-old talk jock.

I've been in the 80-85 minute range on the old trail to the top. I can't imagine hucking a 60 pound training pack up the haystack, though.

-L

I did parking lot to the meadow below the haystack with 45 lbs in 1 hr 30 minutes so 1:45 seems reasonable. My fastest car to car time was 75 minutes (once again Twight style, avoiding the summit).

I would also believe his pack was lighter than 60 lbs. That is a weight bandied about quite a bit and I really doubt many people have actually weighed their packs.

The 38 minute record was set by Uli Steidl, 4 or 5 time winner of the Seattle Marathon and a bad ass trail runner to boot.

Edited by danielpatricksmith

I'm willing to back up my words here. Why don't we race up Mt. Si and see if anyone can manage it in less than an hour?

It on! Seriously.. lets do it. When did you run a sub 15? preeeety cookin'. 15:37 was my best. But seriously, lets see just how fast someone can do it. I am game. anyone else?

I'm willing to back up my words here. Why don't we race up Mt. Si and see if anyone can manage it in less than an hour?

It on! Seriously.. lets do it. When did you run a sub 15? preeeety cookin'. 15:37 was my best. But seriously, lets see just how fast someone can do it. I am game. anyone else?

Definitely up for it. Let's pick a night or weekend morning.

Btw, I ran sub 15 in college (1996)...That's how this Scotsman was allowed into the U.S. I had a track scholarship at a small college in Louisiana of all places. 800m was my event but I had to train at the longer stuff (5k & 10k) too. Nowadays I plod through 5k in a shade under 18 mins. Oh well, like my Murphy's, I'm not bitter bigdrink.gif

Definitely up for it. Let's pick a night or weekend morning.

Btw, I ran sub 15 in college (1996)...That's how this Scotsman was allowed into the U.S. I had a track scholarship at a small college in Louisiana of all places. 800m was my event but I had to train at the longer stuff (5k & 10k) too. Nowadays I plod through 5k in a shade under 18 mins. Oh well, like my Murphy's, I'm not bitter bigdrink.gif

Me too. I ran the 600M and 4x800 (indoors). I would be down for that as well. I am pretty free till the 15th when I leave for AK. Just let me know in advance and it shouldn't be a problem. Anyone else wanna come?

I did parking lot to the meadow below the haystack with 45 lbs in 1 hr 30 minutes so 1:45 seems reasonable. My fastest car to car time was 75 minutes (once again Twight style, avoiding the summit).

I would also believe his pack was lighter than 60 lbs. That is a weight bandied about quite a bit and I really doubt many people have actually weighed their packs.

The 38 minute record was set by Uli Steidl, 4 or 5 time winner of the Seattle Marathon and a bad ass trail runner to boot.

That's what I think. I weighed about 135 when I carried 70 lbs into the Bugs and I just about died. I think 60 is extemely heavy, like having both of my kids on my back at once. But who knows, maybe Carlson is a work horse.

That's what I think. I weighed about 135 when I carried 70 lbs into the Bugs and I just about died. I think 60 is extemely heavy, like having both of my kids on my back at once. But who knows, maybe Carlson is a work horse.

I used to train with 85-90 pounds, mostly on West Tiger 3. I carried that much up Si one time with Roman, who had to wait for me repeatedly. 85 make 50 feel like a day pack.