Memorial weekend at Smith Rock

Collin

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was making the obligatory post, there wasn't a lot of heart behind it - that side of the arguement just needed to be made. As with any argument I've ever made, I stop caring about it 1/2 way through the conversation. I'm just hopin' Jennifer Connelly climbs, that's all, or it'll be a long lonely life for me. Plus I went on 3 different dates in the last two weeks (which is unprecidented) and of course there will be no 2nd dates (not unprecidented). It's sad when your alpine success ratio is higher than your love life.

I was making the obligatory post, there wasn't a lot of heart behind it - that side of the arguement just needed to be made. As with any argument I've ever made, I stop caring about it 1/2 way through the conversation. I'm just hopin' Jennifer Connelly climbs, that's all, or it'll be a long lonely life for me. Plus I went on 3 different dates in the last two weeks (which is unprecidented) and of course there will be no 2nd dates (not unprecidented). It's sad when your alpine success ratio is higher than your love life.

Chicks love that smell of desperation.

Lancegranite said:

Come on ladies, these fellas love women!

Climbing just happens to be a quasi death sport and sadly does not attract many fine honeys.

This is good and bad.

Ladies: you never had it so good, 7 guys to your lonely.

The guys that surrond you are fit and healthy, albeit socially inept (nothing you can't fix).

Fellas: sorry, if you want girls, you are in the wrong sport.

The 7:1 ratio that is a sad fact of life means that to find a climbing female it might take more time than you have to give.

The road to heterosexual climbing bliss is long, but very rewarding in the end.

My wife and I are best friends and full time climbing partners.

Ladies, be kind to the fellas, they love you.

Fellas, show the ladies some respect, we are nothing without them.

Problem with trying to change the "albeit social ineptitude" is that going into a relationship with the idea that the other person needs to or will change is a faulty premise that dooms it. crazy.gif

I'll keep holding out for the hot climber dude with some social skills. Sounds like you and your wife worked out on a lot of levels. thumbs_up.gif Gives me hope. wink.gifyellaf.gif

Problem with trying to change the "albeit social ineptitude" is that going into a relationship with the idea that the other person needs to or will change is a faulty premise that dooms it. crazy.gif

Old saying: Men marry women hoping they won't change and they do. Women marry men hoping they will change and they don't.

Going on 20 years of marriage...to the same woman. We got married very young, and had kids right away even! She skis, plays tennis, day hikes, but doesn't climb.

While driving to Oregon last weekend an old 70's song came on the radio by "Sly and the Family Stone" (think funk, here), with a verse whose words hold the secret to marital success:

I want ta thank you-

For lettin' me

Be my-self....

Thanks Sue!

thumbs_up.gif