taco bell

wally

Ah Taco Bell. In high school we would make the rounds from my house in Oakland near the Univ. of Pittsburgh to the Cricket Lounge (neigborhood strip club) to the Taco Bell after we got kicked out of the Cricket.

They got pretty pissed when they stopped serving us at 2 am because we didn't have a car for the drive through and then we started beating on the car windows of their other customers. Its all about the soft taco/mexican pizza combo.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not that gordito's (in greenwood) is *that* great, but if you like HUGE burritos and have never been, give it a visit. i think one burrito lasted me four meals! it's also not a full-service restaurant so you don't need your platinum card to eat there. thumbs_up.gif

Not that good? Are you on crack? Gorditos rocks. I hear that taco truck on Rainier is really good. Seriously.

There's really not any good Mexican restaurants in the PNW. frown.gif

huh? Avoid the Aztecas and try some of the smaller taquerias (sp?).

Well, folks, let's start seeing some names and addresses.

The closest place to me is Agua Verde at UW. Not bad.

Mama's in Belltown es bueno thumbs_up.gif

Tacos Guaymas ain't too bad either.

How about that little mexican hole, er place in Yucca, near Joshua tree? Bullet holes in the windows, Bible literature on the tables, 2 great tacos, a can of pop and a plate of black beans for $2.50. I think the three of us ate dinner for $8.00 while the cook unknowingly serenaded us from the kitchen. Had a jelly doughnut from next door for desert.

Gorditos is filling, but rather bland.

Not if you get the Grande Burrito (enough for 2 people for 2 meals) fajita style with tofu. Delicious!!!! And they will make it as spicey as you want it!!!

I am going to Texas for the Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Fest next week. Looking forward to some REAL Tex-Mex!

rockband.gif

Hey all you Gringos!!!! There are a lot of good Mexican restaraunts up here. But no excellent ones. If you want an excellent mexican restaraunt there is a Taco Truck on the corner of Olvera street in East LA that has the best Mexican food in the US and they've been there longer than I have been alive (28 years). As for Mexican food in the southwest I think Brad CA nailed it, it exist's only in the Southwest. Born and raised in Phoenix, AZ. God bless Mexico!!! Wait Arizona isn't part of Mexico any more, oh well. Oh, and one of you Gringos misspelled my fovorite drink on earth... It is not horchada it is Orchata, like Chata the hell up! Andale Andale Ariba Ariba!!! Carfool haut plate seenor.

Edited by Pancho_Villa

Hey all you Gringos!!!! There are a lot of good Mexican restaraunts up here. But no excellent ones. If you want an excellent mexican restaraunt there is a Taco Truck on the corner of Olvera street in East LA that has the best Mexican food in the US and they've been there longer than I have been alive (28 years). As for Mexican food in the southwest I think Brad CA nailed it, it exist's only in the Southwest. Born and raised in Phoenix, AZ. God bless Mexico!!! Wait Arizona isn't part of Mexico any more, oh well. Oh, and one of you Gringos misspelled my fovorite drink on earth... It is not horchada it is Orchata, like Chata the hell up! Andale Andale Ariba Ariba!!! Carfool haut plate seenor.

escuche cabron: la calle olvera no esta in los angeles este. claro? esta in los angeles central.

Having spent a lot of time in St. Johns (North Portland) lately, I've been impressed by the three burrito joints. Things get a quarter cheaper with each step further from downtown St. Johns. The $3.00 carne asada burrito from Super Burrito Express (next door to the carneceria, across from the public health building) is pretty good. Not quite on par with some of the stuff I grew up with in San Diego, I think it's due to the lack of access to that stringy lean brush fed beef out of northern Baja, it does hit the spot. Portland seems to be liberally sprinkled with equivalent emporiums too, a greater concentration than Seattle.

• 4 weeks later...

speaking of born in AZ...I'm even more authentic than you are Phoenix boy...good old Casa Grande...ever go to Ochoas? La Comida es muy bueno alla! If you're in Seattle, try Beso Del Sol...and if you go up on the Sammamish Plateau (Issaquah), try La Casita. The VERY best! Me gusta la Sangria! rockband.gif