taco bell

wally

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are here; you just have to look harder for them.

What always cracks me up is when PNW chain taco joints (Taco Del Mar for example) think their hot sauce is hot. Every time I get a fish taco at Taco Del Mar with hot sauce, the guy tries to warn me how hot is supposable is. I always ask him "hot for oregonians or hot for authentic mexican food?"

What always cracks me up is when PNW chain taco joints (Taco Del Mar for example) think their hot sauce is hot. Every time I get a fish taco at Taco Del Mar with hot sauce, the guy tries to warn me how hot is supposable is. I always ask him "hot for oregonians or hot for authentic mexican food?"

yellaf.gif try getting spicy hot food up here in bc. hellno3d.gif seems like they think their hot wings are "hot" just because they're cooked and have some kind of red sauce on them. rolleyes.gif

and there really is fairly good mexican food in the seattle area. thumb.gif

(definitely better than anything i could find in the southwest corner of colorado! cry.gif)

that little taco trailer on the way to/from index f'ing rocks! lick.gif

There's really not any good Mexican restaurants in the PNW. frown.gif

huh? Avoid the Aztecas and try some of the smaller taquerias (sp?).

Well, folks, let's start seeing some names and addresses.

The closest place to me is Agua Verde at UW. Not bad.

A buddy from Mexico City tells me that everytime that he comes to the states that he loves going to his favorite American food resturant, Taco Bell, because you can't get anything like it in Mexico.

did you tell him he should be thankful? evils3d.gif i bet they got starbucks there, though ...

yellaf.gif try getting spicy hot food up here in bc. hellno3d.gif seems like they think their hot wings are "hot" just because they're cooked and have some kind of red sauce on them. rolleyes.gif

and there really is fairly good mexican food in the seattle area. thumb.gif

(definitely better than anything i could find in the southwest corner of colorado! cry.gif)

that little taco trailer on the way to/from index f'ing rocks! lick.gif

hey tlg why are you looking for hot mexi food in squamish/whistler you are only going to find it in east-van. yuppies cannot stomach heat. it makes their suv riding queasy as their flaming rings are mashed into the leather seats.

if you want hot food in BC think szechuan or curry. wave.gif

Szechuan or curry is a different kind of hot than mexican food. Dru! No distractions… you’re going to get me cravin’ burritos and thai for lunch… good think tel has wireless in the bathrooms... from my favorite Fish t-shirt: "Eat hot death!"

You know its authentic Mexican when you're buzzin' from the 3 beers you had to drink just to get the burrito down. I lived with 2 dudes from burque a few years back; whenever they cooked enchiladas I would polish a stout sixer just to get through dinner while they could slide by on some high life. It all comes down to were you grew up.

El Burrito Loco #3

3126 Ne 82d

PORTLAND, OR 97220 - 5226

(503) 252-1343

Super dank burritos and chile rellenos! Just eat there after hitting rocky; eating one of their burritos is the equivalent of leading with a big wall rack on. They have an old school street fighter 2 video game machine inside: good times!

A buddy from Mexico City tells me that everytime that he comes to the states that he loves going to his favorite American food resturant, Taco Bell, because you can't get anything like it in Mexico.

did you tell him he should be thankful? evils3d.gif i bet they got starbucks there, though ...

I was in Santiago, Chile on business a couple of months ago and they had Starbucks there .... everything was the same cantfocus.gif, except they spoke Spanish. blush.gif

El Burrito Loco #3

3126 Ne 82d

PORTLAND, OR 97220 - 5226

(503) 252-1343

Super dank burritos and chile rellenos! Just eat there after hitting rocky; eating one of their burritos is the equivalent of leading with a big wall rack on. They have an old school street fighter 2 video game machine inside: good times!

Great stuff, but I always seem to get distracted and come close to scraping my car on the sharp left in the drive-thru...

There's really not any good Mexican restaurants in the PNW. frown.gif

Yup,

I've been afforded the opportunity to live 20min from the border for a few years now and also to have travelled far and wide. Mexican food only exists in the southwest.

Y'all need to pry yourself away from any Mexican Restaurant that serves those big Gatorade style margaritas (Azteca) and go to one of many authentic places in this area. Agua Verde is for yuppies and is anything but authentic (tasty but pricy though).

Go down to White Center and try Taqueria La Fondita #2 for starters and try some good and greasy carnitas tacos. If you want to sit down go down the street to the Del Rio market where its as authentic as it gets. You can also stock up on tacky ceramic Tweety birds and other silly things people are compelled to buy when they go to Tijuana.