thinnest/lightest half-ropes?

Matt_Anderson

Rodchester, we're saying the same thing. The lawyers uses more words and posted data for those who can't read on Beal's site.

RuMR, I'm a bit confused by you. You tell me it's certified as a twin, I said no it's as a half (double) rope, then you lecture me that the Beal site says it's a double. Duh, yes. I'll just ignore the randomization in the rest of this thread.

Whoever else, half rope and double rope: same thing.

NOLSe, I'd love to see these numbers you asked for. I thought it'd be really tough to make a rope that works well as half (double) and twin, mostly because when both strands would be clipped in together, the impact forces would skyrocket, and then, well, have faith in your protection guys smile.gifwazzup.gif (where's the Eek! graemlin?)

drC

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. It must pass both test separately. Look at the link.

Yeah, read my post again. I know that halfs and twins have different requirements. My point was that if you can take a fall on one rope and it holds (half), then obviously you can take a fall on two of the same ropes (twin) and they will hold (increased impact forces ignored). I'm not talking about the gear failing here, just the rope breakage posibilities.

It seems to me that you can always use doubles as twins from a strictly rope strength point of view. But yeah it may put twice the impact force on your pro. thumbs_down.gif