mt home, Idaho

Szyjakowski

So, work has me in the area June 1-11 with the weekend free and rental car at my disposal...

other than city of rocks...what are some nearby craggin opportunities?

i seem to remember some basalt or andesite columns at some statepark along the interstate somewheres...

beta greatly appreciated and if anyone is in the area the weekend of June 5-6th lets cranks some cracks.

bigdrink.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how you feel about basalt, but in Twin Falls there is a place called Duerkey's Lake (sp) and it's unlike any other basalt I've ever seen. It's overhung in places, pocketed, much different than the traditional splitter cracks, stair step jugs, or lava pockets at Vantage. I think it's totally worth a look. I will go back many times.

I think it's Dierkes Lake, and there's also lots of BOULDERING. Had a fun day there after getting snowed out of City of Rocks, they were setting up for some archery competion, so you'd go around a corner and run into some towering bear or fleeing deer target. Added that surreal touch. It's quite a bit further from Mtn Home if you're looking for after work fun though.