• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
gapertimmy

[TR] Middle Sister- Hayden Glacier 5/23/2004

Climb: Middle Sister-Hayden Glacier

Date of Climb: 5/23/2004

Trip Report:

Shitty. That one word summed up how I felt Sunday morning when I woke up and saw blue skies outside the bedroom window. The previous night, errr early morning festivities (here) left me in a world of hurt. After a quick call to secret agent .jlag. i was stumbling around my house gathering gear.

Drunk. On the drive to sisters, I realized that i was really happy josh was driving, cuz i was still feeling the love from 2am.

Shitting. At the trailhead, final bits of buzz wearing off, full hangover setting in, complete with post drunken sheaats. My pussy began to hurt. AND, the blue bird day skies were being covered with thunderclappin clouds.

Slogging. The next 2 hours are a blur, and we finnally get above treeline, light mist quasi snowishrain, and we are greeted with this:

3113peak1.jpg

My old friend middle sister, that naughty little las she is, lifting up her skirt of storm clouds just a bit, charming this gaper with her bounty of freshiez, taking advantage of my hungover mind.... we took the bait, and skinned on.

Bliss. The remainder of the trip represents why I go into the mountains. The sheer beauty and awe of a storm slowly breaking up over the mountains is magical. The snow slowly stopped, the sucker hole we had been watching just kept getting bigger, and the tingling feeling started at the top of my head, down the spine and went all the way down to the baby blue denali's and the STOKE took over.

mountainous ski pr0n

3113clearing.jpg

clouds breaking

3113stoke1.jpg

jlag skinnin, north sister in background

3113middlesister.jpg

east side of middle

3113stoke2.jpg

awe inspiring shadows, clouds, ice, snow

3113prouty.jpg

jlag skinning final stretch to prouty point

3113joshrip.jpg

jlag arching huge turns down the hayden

3113gapert.jpg

gapert doin his thang

i'm still a bit in shock from yesterdays trip. the booze haze, the mountains luring us further up, and the resulting magical ski. just so stoked, so blessed to be able to wake up drunk, call up a good friend, and get -P L A B- up in the mountains.

get out there and get sum!

Gear Notes:

20" brown, bendistillery hazlenut vodka, nasty ass jager shots, mirror pond

Approach Notes:

patchy snow after soap creek crossing on chambers lakes trail

Sweet dude!

I did a double take on the way to Smith on SUnday when I saw how white and pristine things were up there. Looks like the snow qualtity should be nice up there for awhile!

bigdrink.gif

Beauty trip, man! I must applaud your ability to not only get out of the house, but skin up middle sister after that night! You're a better man than I. thumbs_up.gif

Gear Notes:

20" brown, bendistillery hazlenut vodka, nasty ass jager shots, mirror pond

yelrotflmao.gif

Great TR!

In between binges, you should check out the East Ridge of the Middle Sis. It is worthy!

haaaaaaaaaaaaa, those shots were so not nasty.

Yummmmmmmm, jager!!!!

Mmmmmmm

Those shots were good the way an ice pick under the fingernails tickles. wazzup.gifbigdrink.gif At least they tasted better down than up!