[TR] Middle Sister- Hayden Glacier 5/23/2004

gapertimmy

Climb: Middle Sister-Hayden Glacier

Date of Climb: 5/23/2004

Trip Report:

Shitty. That one word summed up how I felt Sunday morning when I woke up and saw blue skies outside the bedroom window. The previous night, errr early morning festivities (here) left me in a world of hurt. After a quick call to secret agent .jlag. i was stumbling around my house gathering gear.

Drunk. On the drive to sisters, I realized that i was really happy josh was driving, cuz i was still feeling the love from 2am.

Shitting. At the trailhead, final bits of buzz wearing off, full hangover setting in, complete with post drunken sheaats. My pussy began to hurt. AND, the blue bird day skies were being covered with thunderclappin clouds.

Slogging. The next 2 hours are a blur, and we finnally get above treeline, light mist quasi snowishrain, and we are greeted with this:

3113peak1.jpg

My old friend middle sister, that naughty little las she is, lifting up her skirt of storm clouds just a bit, charming this gaper with her bounty of freshiez, taking advantage of my hungover mind.... we took the bait, and skinned on.

Bliss. The remainder of the trip represents why I go into the mountains. The sheer beauty and awe of a storm slowly breaking up over the mountains is magical. The snow slowly stopped, the sucker hole we had been watching just kept getting bigger, and the tingling feeling started at the top of my head, down the spine and went all the way down to the baby blue denali's and the STOKE took over.

mountainous ski pr0n

3113clearing.jpg

clouds breaking

3113stoke1.jpg

jlag skinnin, north sister in background

3113middlesister.jpg

east side of middle

3113stoke2.jpg

awe inspiring shadows, clouds, ice, snow

3113prouty.jpg

jlag skinning final stretch to prouty point

3113joshrip.jpg

jlag arching huge turns down the hayden

3113gapert.jpg

gapert doin his thang

i'm still a bit in shock from yesterdays trip. the booze haze, the mountains luring us further up, and the resulting magical ski. just so stoked, so blessed to be able to wake up drunk, call up a good friend, and get -P L A B- up in the mountains.

get out there and get sum!

Gear Notes:

20" brown, bendistillery hazlenut vodka, nasty ass jager shots, mirror pond

Approach Notes:

patchy snow after soap creek crossing on chambers lakes trail

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic