More gear theft

Greg_W

Don't really know where to put this, and I debated posting anything. But, this is a community and so I thought I would.

My girlfriend's car was broken into on Capitol Hill on Saturday and my entire rack (Camalots, tcus, aliens, nuts, biners, whole 9 yards really), harness, shoes, etc. were stolen. My g/f also had an Arc'teryx shell (tan/brown, sz: m) and a Feathered Friends Helios parka (blue, sz: m) stolen, among other assorted climbing clothes, etc. All my gear is marked with purple tape. I know it's a longshot, but should anyone be offered items such as these, I'd appreciate a note. I already checked in with Second Ascent and gave them a list.

Thanks,

Greg_W

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about theft recently after someone disclosed a method of steal shit from REI to me. Basically, it comes down to one thing. Thieves are fucking pathetic.

Now I'm not talking about bs hollywood Thomas Crown shit, but real deal mofo's who take shit cause they dont have the skills to acquire it honestly.

The guys who steal shit from REI tell me it's cause they say damn the man...fucking pathetic. These guys are almost 30 years old and they're living a life of half cooked thoughts and harmful delusions of self-righteousness.

I'll leave it at that. Thieves are lower than dog shit.

I hope you and your girl get your stuff back.

bummer, after watching "the punisher" 37 times after a rather over-done speed-frenzy, i was hoping for some real-life vigilante justice...mighta even taken a day off work just to drive up there to watch some poor pudfucker get his on behalf of all the pudfuckers in the world.

but alas...

Don't really know where to put this, and I debated posting anything. But, this is a community and so I thought I would.

My girlfriend's car was broken into on Capitol Hill on Saturday and my entire rack (Camalots, tcus, aliens, nuts, biners, whole 9 yards really), harness, shoes, etc. were stolen. My g/f also had an Arc'teryx shell (tan/brown, sz: m) and a Feathered Friends Helios parka (blue, sz: m) stolen, among other assorted climbing clothes, etc. All my gear is marked with purple tape. I know it's a longshot, but should anyone be offered items such as these, I'd appreciate a note. I already checked in with Second Ascent and gave them a list.

Thanks,

Greg_W

ahh man, that sucks!! Sorry man, i swear i'd kill someone if i caught them breaking into a car...WTF, scumbags!

I wonder how much less things would cost if there was zero theft. Hope you get your stuff back.

Rich

Having worked for a couple different retail establishments(years ago) it's my understanding that most inventory shrinkage comes from internal theft rather than shoplifting.

I expect that you'd have a very difficult time finding reliable figures to prove (or disprove) that, though, since for the most part you have to extrapolate from those what get caught.

Sorry for your loss, Greg, that sort of thing really pisses me off. I bet they get less for your stuff than the deductable. 2nd Bounce won't sell used harness or pro, so if it shows up anywhere I expect it'd be eBay.

Thanks,

Greg_W

that is so SUCK buddy cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Sorry to hear of your loss Greg. That is so suck. sorry about the girlfriends stuff too.

AT it may be that half is internal loss. Sucky people cost us all a lot. A few years back my son was starting to become aware of the cost of life. He asked me how come I charged so much for the work I do. We sat down with a pencil and found that 58% of my fees went straight out the door to bonds, liability coverage and insurance. He commented that it would be a lot better if we all just played fair.