i'm lazy - here's a question

ivan

rather than do the work meself cuz i'm a freeloader:

is the ranger station at paradise peopled yet? and is the road to paradise being left open at night now or still being closed? if so when usually closing and reopening?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When we visited Rainier a few weeks ago, we were told that the ranger station would be staffed periodically up until June I believe it was- so it's probably hit or miss. There was a ranger there on one of the days we were there. Don't take my word for it though- why don't you just call and find out?

lazy...shit, i finally bothered to look back and check this thread.

so i suppose rangers are people, though i haven't seen one bleed to be certain

no worries on rangers not being around at paradise, really...i usually reckon that means i can climb for free, so i suppose i prefer it

no worries on rangers not being around at paradise, really...i usually reckon that means i can climb for free, so i suppose i prefer it

As long as you don't spend the night in the Muir hut.

Technically, you're supposed to "self-register" if no one's there. Not that I care, but it'd cast a pall on the climb to get hit with a ticket by a climbing ranger at Muir or somewhere. What is the fine, $200 or something?