Sale at Marmot store

Alex

In a similar vein to another post, Marmot's current sale isnt too bad. They have some clothing that's pretty fairly priced. Last night I picked up a pair of sz L shoeller pants and nice sz L pat Synchilla thingy. I was most surprised that they had any sz L things at all, but there were still good items to be had here and there.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you really want to buy what you want to buy at Marmot. Unless they've changed their policy, you can't bring it back, even with the tags still on it, never ever used, and with the receipt! hellno3d.gif I don't shop there anymore just for that reason.

Anyone want a brand new pair of Marmot Aplinist GT sidezip pants? I still have the receipt, and the tags are still on 'em. rolleyes.gif

If you are in Seattle, Outdoor and More is having a pretty good sale through the weekend. thumbs_up.gif Everything is 20% off, even 20% off stuff that is already marked down. shocked.gif

Some pretty damn good deals. I picked up a cam yesterday cheap. cool.gif They have closeouts upstairs, hit-n-miss and mostly softgoods, that were originally marked down, then take an additional 40 % off, then take an additional 20% off....WOW!!!

They had some pretty solid deals on ropes.

bigdrink.gif

Edited by Rodchester

Make sure you really want to buy what you want to buy at Marmot. Unless they've changed their policy, you can't bring it back, even with the tags still on it, never ever used, and with the receipt! hellno3d.gif I don't shop there anymore just for that reason.

Anyone want a brand new pair of Marmot Aplinist GT sidezip pants? I still have the receipt, and the tags are still on 'em. rolleyes.gif

Marmot's return policy blows goats.

Two

thumbs_down.gif

thumbs_down.gif

I bought a pair of ski boots at Marmot earlier this spring and returned them for a full refund a few weeks later. I was fairly sure they wouldn't fit when I bought them but wanted to wear them around the house to be certain so I made sure I knew their return policy before buying. 30 days for full refund w/ receipt, no questions asked. These were on sale (20% off or something), but not closeout. Perhaps that makes a difference.

I think you'll find that they don't let you return climbing hardware or ropes etc. I'm not saying that in some cases they shouldn't take gear back too but there are quitea few stores that have a similar policy.

I've also returned stuff there w/o any problem.

This whole posting about Marmot not taking things back even if its new, has tags on it, and having the Marmot receipt is totally incorrect. We do ask for original receipts to find out at what price it was purchased so we know how much to refund the customer, and to be sure it was not stolen from us. Even if the customer has lost their receipt, and they know about when it was purchased, we are able to run a report on all of the like items sold during that time period and find an invoice for each one sold. As noted by others in this thread who have successfully returned items, the initial poster is mistaken and if there is a problem is welcome to talk to the manager. Hundreds of people have returned or exchanged products at Marmot each year without a problem which has always been the policy.