Mark Twight in PDX

iain

Mr. Twight will be giving a slideshow on "Alpine Climbing and the Czech Direct" at 7:30 August 26th, location TBD, in PDX. $5 @ de door.

I don't think cookies and tea will be served, but action suit required as usual. [Roll Eyes]

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is sooooo hard core, I can not allow myself to go. i would fall madly in love and go about calling myself sk twight. then I would dissapear into the mountains with only a pocket full of gu, never to be seen again [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

he is sooooo hard core, I can not allow myself to go. i would fall madly in love and go about calling myself sk twight. then I would dissapear into the mountains with only a pocket full of gu, never to be seen again
[Wink]

Mark makes lots of girls "GU'y" [big Grin]

goldschlagger,

you are a sissy boy and a drunk. mark twit is my hero b/c he has climbed with that woman in that magazine where she's grabbin that arete with one hand and hanging over space.

you, schlagger, are not a shasta slogger until you have climbed that mountain THROUGH THE CORE in a secret alien tunnel with a matching hat and purse with those fuzzy dingleberries on them. you and a hundred other new-age freaks.

• 3 weeks later...

technically, portland int'l airport, but for some reason it has become shorthand for the whole city... which is kind of weird if you think about it. I mean, nobody calls Los Angeles "LAX". Wait, what came first, seatac the airport or seatac the town?

sk... Yes, twight from afar, I hear ya sister...

Actually his presentation is rather entertaining, some good punk music... I'd go again (if only to admire)

And, yes, He has climbed a few things in the PNW, I believe the North Face of Colonial Peak "Watusi Rodeo" route has his name on it...

quote:

Originally posted by Roger:

technically, portland int'l airport, but for some reason it has become shorthand for the whole city... which is kind of weird if you think about it. I mean, nobody calls Los Angeles "LAX". Wait, what came first, seatac the airport or seatac the town?

weird and quircky is what this city is all about. take that away and all ya got is Pittsburgh in the cascades without the Steelers.