How to keep your wife in line

JoshK

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude,

I gave up on keeping my wife in line. I think she keeps me in line.

But yeah, that's pretty crazy about Mayfield. His family and friends are pretty pissed off. It's hard to believe that the feds could screw something up so bad. There's gotta be more to the story. Or maybe someone's feeding Michael Isikoff (the Newsweek guy who broke the story) a load of garbage. Whatever the case may be, he's still considered a material witness and part of a grand jury investigation...

All I can tell from articles I've read is that his finger print matched on 8 points. I've seen nothing about him ever having left the country. Supposedly, 8 points is enough to convict in this country, but not in Europe. So now they find an Algerian who's fingerprints match better and only then do they release the guy from Oregon. Seems like you need more than a poor fingerprint match to arrest someone. Don't you have to show that he might have been at the scene of the crime?

Simple, convert to an inherently sexist religion (islam works well) and marry a woman of that religion.

All (well, most) organized religions are sexist in principle, in their origins.. Islam just happens to have a much higher % of it's followers following the Old Belief System... those who haven't woken up to Modern Times.

One ironic thing about Dubya's crusade to "modernize" Iraq is that, at least as far as gender issues go, they're one of the Islamic countries that need modernization the LEAST. Iraq was an extremely prosperous nation during the 60s and 70s, and NOT just cuz of oil.. history shows that once a nation allows women out of the home and into the workforce, it usally results in bigtime economic growth, cause of falling birthrates and whatnot.

No, if we're really concerned with liberating the Muslim world from the Middle Ages we should invade Saudi Arabia or Iran. wazzup.gif

His daughter is all dressed up in that "female wrap" they force them to wear over there. I think they should take her away from them for abuse.

What? Look you moonbat DIPSHIT, boxing_smiley.gif this is someone else's culture you're talking about.

I've read accounts from Muslim women who say that they feel safer and more comfortable with the headscarf on, like when the speak to men they don't know, that they feel more respected, like they're being viewed as a person, not a woman. Ironically (tangent here).. kinda reminds me of the hippy chicks back in college who would shave all their hair off... er, their head-hair, that is, saying it made them feel more respected, etc etc....

Anyway, Josh, if you say that these Muslim women who love their scarves are brainwashed.... hmmm, perhaps. Just like I'm brainwashed to enjoy baseball, BBQed hot dogs, rock n' roll, & shit like that.

For a more in depth look at Islam, go Google "Fareed Zakaria", read some of his stuff. Indian-born Muslim; editor of Newsweek International. He's written a bunch of sharp articles (esp. like right after 9/11), trying to teach America about the many faces of Islam.

wave.gif

I would agree that all religions are particularly sexist in their beginnings. I wont address my general dislike for organized religion as a whole but let's just say I like Islam the same as the rest of them.

I'll call a cigar a cigar. The scarfs are a sign of male dominance in their culture. Frankly, I dont give a shit if 0.1% of their female population "likes" them, the fact is in lots of those countries if they dont wear them they'll be stoned or beaten...for religious reasons. Yes, it may be a horrible interpration of a religous writing but the fact remains that it is used to conduct a mass injustice. Will you get stoned if you dont participate in hot dogs and listen to rock n' roll? No, I dont think so.

Yes, it's their culture, and I reserve the right to dislike it. Frankly I value the basic rights of a human being over the forced religous and cultural beliefs they had the misfortune of being born into.

P.S. I agree about Iraq vs. the other countries there. Our "allies" are the most fucked up.

All I can tell from articles I've read is that his finger print matched on 8 points. I've seen nothing about him ever having left the country. Supposedly, 8 points is enough to convict in this country, but not in Europe. So now they find an Algerian who's fingerprints match better and only then do they release the guy from Oregon. Seems like you need more than a poor fingerprint match to arrest someone. Don't you have to show that he might have been at the scene of the crime?

Well he did practice Islam. And he defended some terrorist suspect.

Don't you think that's enough corroboration?

What? Look you moonbat DIPSHIT, boxing_smiley.gif this is someone else's culture you're talking about.

I have to agree with JoshK on this one. Islam, as it is practiced in many countries, is tantamount to the enslavement of women. I can think of few Christian brand-names that are as repressive, with the possible exception of The LDS Church.

I think this mantra, "we MUST respect the cultures of others" is a load of crap. How about the Myans, Toltecs, Aztecs that practiced human sacrifice? Were those "cultures" just as valid and worthy of respect as ours? I say no. Ditto, Islam and a few others. I will put western culture above that of most, but not necessarily all others. Don't like that? Too bad.

This whole 'moral equivalency' shit has got to stop. What kind of Islamo-male bastard wants a fully gowned, forbidden to drive, can't vote, uneducated, automaton for a bride?

I'm glad you think many Islamic women are as happy as caged birds, but you clearly need to pull your head out just a bit.

Personally I think the "right thing" has nothing to do with christianity or any other religion. I think things like this are common sense for any modern person. I don't need a religion to tell me that killing, disrespecting my wife, stealing, etc. are bad.

On the opposite side, however, many people do use religion as an excuse for the bad things they do.