WTB: pair of bent shaft BDCFBP would be awesome

Brad_CA

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but there's three days left, and the last bid probably has some safety cusion on it...

If you know how to navigate e-bay, you will see that only two bids have been logged. The opening bid was for $75, and the second was for $76. If $1 is a "safety cushion" to you, well...

Just bid $80 for the GD things and take 'em home!

That guy is in Bellingham too, how ironic is that?

Whoever you are, I want the adze! $75 just for the one, if the pick is even remotely sharp...

Again, the rules of e-bay auctions prohibit the seller from selling "off e-bay" once the item has gone on auction, unless the reserve is not met by the end of the bidding period. Since crazyjman clearly states in his advertisement/description that "there is no reserve", this means that he must, by the rules of e-bay, sell the item to the highest bidder at the end of the auction. If there was a reserve, which you as a bidder would not know, and the reserve was not met by the end of the bidding period, he could take his toys off e-bay and sell them anywhere he wanted to. But alas, there is no reserve. Ergo, he must sell them to the highest bidder.

As I surmised earlier in this thread, it just may be "crazyjz" from this board. But knowing that is not going to allow him to sell these axes to you now. It would trash his reputation on e-bay if he renegged and pulled them off auction. So you might as well register and bid on them.

If you know how to navigate e-bay, you will see that only two bids have been logged. The opening bid was for $75, and the second was for $76. If $1 is a "safety cushion" to you, well...

Just bid $80 for the GD things and take 'em home!

If your going to give lectures, know what your taking about. When you bid on eBay you enter a maximum bid amount - eBay will then bid automatically for you up to that maximum amount. You have know idea what the maximum bid is - it may be $76, it may be $76,000. It's probably in between.

Easy, jeff.

Let ashw enter his max bid as $80. If he gets a reminder that his bid has been exceeded, he can go back on and raise his max bid.

And I wasn't giving "lectures". I know it's difficult to read tone in writing; I was just providing him information. No need to get hositle here.

Let ashw enter his max bid as $80. If he gets a reminder that his bid has been exceeded, he can go back on and raise his max bid.

And I wasn't giving "lectures". I know it's difficult to read tone in writing; I was just providing him information.

Sorry. Gin supply is running low. Send limes & tonic too.

eBay bidding is a pet peeve. Why people insist on bidding in miniscule icrements on eBay I'll never understand. Figure out how much you're willing to pay, then bid that, and walk away. If you win, you win, if you lose, you didn't overpay. Your odds of getting snaked are less.

Of course the bidding wars are what make it a great place to sell stuff grin.gif

Sorry. Gin supply is running low. Send limes & tonic too.

eBay bidding is a pet peeve. Why people insist on bidding in miniscule icrements on eBay I'll never understand. Figure out how much you're willing to pay, then bid that, and walk away. If you win, you win, if you lose, you didn't overpay. Your odds of getting snaked are less.

Of course the bidding wars are what make it a great place to sell stuff grin.gif

No apology needed. Limes are on the way! wave.gif

I agree with your bidding logic; pick your max bid, let e-bay do the rest. The info below is for ashw_justin, from e-bay's site:

How to Bid

Once you find an item you're interested in, it's easy to place a bid. Here's how:

1. Once you're a registered eBay member, carefully look over the item listing. Be sure you really want to buy this item before you place a bid.

2. Enter your maximum bid in the box at the bottom of the page and then click the Review Bid button.

3. Enter your User ID and password and then click the Place Bid button. That's it! eBay will now bid on your behalf up to the maximum amount you're willing to pay for that item. (emphasis added by sobo)

You'll get an email confirming your bid. At the end of the listing, you'll receive another email indicating whether you've won the item with an explanation of next steps.

What I like is the automatic "bid topping" up to the max amount you're willing to pay. Saves you from those pesky mini-increment bids and constant email reminders that your last bid has been topped.

Edited by sobo

Sounds like someone has been studying their Twight extreme alpinism book... Don't forget Brad that Twight runs GNA and they're pushing the alp wing as the next great alpine tool.

nah, never heard of that book, but I'll check it out now that you mention it. I was just doing some research and thought they sounded like a good tool, plus, they arent going to cost me $250 a pop..... very nice indeed