car to car record

jonah

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The TooF is a fine alpine climb requiring little more than a desire for the budding alpinist to get up off the couch and go pull on the holds. I admired it's graceful ectomporphic form from a distance this weekend. It was a topic of conversation for about 1 nanosecond... [Razz]

For recent speed records I would make inquiries to Dan Smith (posts here) and or Jens Klubberud (posts here) for quick times in both winter and summer. Probably some guy climbed it in 1932 in 12 minutes in tricouni nails or something and then walked back to Seattle afterwards in time for dinner! [laf]

please beware-- Chest beating about to occur--

I free-solo-onsighted the Tooth on Saturday!! I'm such a hard man!!! (Just kidding)

I thought I would be annoyed at all the Mountaineers that were sure to be there, but since I started late in the afternoon I only ran into one group of former Mountaineers-- their names on their helmets gave them away-- and they were coming down when I started up.

When I caught up to them back in the parking lot they gave me a beer for freeing their stuck rope so I just wanted to say thanks guys!!! Mountaineers who give out free beer are cool!!! [big Drink]

Beta for the Tooth-- almost every car in the parking lot had a yellow "Notice of Non-Compliance" on their windshield. If you want to avoid this get a late start-- like after 1:30 or so.

I can't say I beat Dan Smith's 2:15, but hey, I free solo onsighted a serious [Roll Eyes] alpine route in the Cascades!!!! [Wink]

I'll definitely do it again. It's more fun than Mt. Si and just as many dorky gapers. Saw some guys wearing crampons [laf] up to Pineapple Pass-- I mean come on, the snow is soft!

Nice work Matt.

I wonder what the slowest car to car time is? I think my recent trip up the Tooth with Carolyn and FiggureEight could win that prize. We did it in 9 hours. We were suprised by many parties on the route on a Tuesday. I think we were the 7th group in line that day.

Even so it was still a fun day. And we didn't get a notice about parking without a pass.

I have also free soloed Waste-of-time Rock (you know, the one where EVERYONE sets up a toprope for first time climbers) at Exit 38. Does that count?

ChucK-- I am too homophobic to "do" Gu. Hey man, whatever floats your boat.

BTW, What time is it? [Razz]