Ingalls Pk- South Ridge beta?

jbclimber

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Is there much snow on the ground in the Ingalls lake basin or can you find a spot on the slabs thats bare? thanks

Generally there are some raised nice slabes on the far side of the lake that melt out, but I would be guessing to say I knew what time of the year they generally melt. You might get lucky in this low snow year...

We were on snow continuously 1000' below Longs Pass a week and a half ago - on snow where the trail forked for Ingalls or Longs pass. Snow conditions were really good for travel - great step kicking and minimum postholing. Ingalls should be perfect as long as the weather cooperates.

We approached Ingalls on sunday. Snow level is still about 1000 feet below longs pass. We found the snow conditions to be rather sketchy on the backside of longs pass. We made the traverse, and started up the gully, but then turned back.

Beware of wet slabs. Rock friction felt really good when wet bigdrink.gif

We climbed Ingalls on Saturday. The lake area is still completely snowed in and the lake is frozen over. Sorry - no dry slabs anywhere around the lake! Snow was continuous starting a few hundred feet below Ingalls Pass.

We climbed Ingalls on Saturday. The lake area is still completely snowed in and the lake is frozen over. Sorry - no dry slabs anywhere around the lake! Snow was continuous starting a few hundred feet below Ingalls Pass.

We were up there on Friday, camped on dry slabs. There are dry slabs all over the place!! Were you in WA?? wazzup.gif

Just to clarify - the snow was continuous starting a few hundred feet below the south side of Ingalls Pass. Snow starts at the ridge on the north side.

We did a ski/hike loop Sat. - over Longs Pass, skied what snow was left, hiked up to Ingalls Lake, skinned across the lake and traversed around the basin to the ridge. Saw a couple of people coming off the south face route - probably Jim and partner? Weather was starting to come in so didn't ski much in the basin...

Russ - yes that was probably us. We followed your ski tracks back to Ingalls Pass and then down through the trees a ways. I was kind of jealous, because during the brief break in the weather it looked like a great place to ski!

Maybe it snowed a lot Friday night? crazy.gif

Sorry - I guess I was referring to the slabs right next to the lake. Those are still under snow. Thanks for the correction ...

The slabs/raised rocky area directly south of the lake were dry too and there would be plenty of places to camp up there. We hung around up there bouldering and sitting, waiting to see if the weather would improve. You can definitely camp on flat dry rock as of Saturday morning. But enough of the boxing_smiley.gif, I'll guess you'll have to go see for yer self. wave.gif