Norwegian highschool girls are political geniuses

Gary_Yngve

The other day I ran into three of them as they were celebrating graduating by drinking beer in the city park (it's customary for the cops to look the other way the two weeks before the national holiday).

Anyway, they told me something very insightful: "We learned British English in school. But there are times that we cannot understand Tony Blair because he uses big words. But we can always understand George Bush."

Anyway, they were really cool and were glad that there are many Americans who disagree with Bush.

They also told me that they learned from "Sex in the City" that in America you cannot drink in public but you can hide beer in a paper bag.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

smileysex5.gif

I've met 18 year old girls (15 for that matter) who are more intelligent than some of the 40 year olds I've met.

But point taken...the majority of them are probably not the best source of political commentary. One thing that did strike me about Europe, however, was that the people (young and old) were far more politically and world aware than people in the U.S. are. It's not surprising we demand so little from our leaders.