Burgundy Spire

JoshK

I must steaksauce my head in shame and be one of those "what are the conditions on _insert_route_name_here like?" people and ask if anybody who has climbed burgundy spire before could give an opinion on how much remaining snow we are likely to find. We are interested in the standard route, which is north facing I believe. I know a lot of folks have been up at Washington Pass lately so perhaps you could give a general feel for how much snow remains on steeper north faces.

thansk,

-josh

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We did Silver Star a week ago, although we didn't pay particular attention to Burgundy. The bivy sites are partially melted out and the first pitch looked pretty clear from the col. But the ledge above the third pitch probably still has snow on it. There was still plenty of snow filling in the gaps in the rock on Silver Star, so Burgundy is likely to be the same. I didn't notice any snow on the steeper faces, but you won't know until you get a closer look.