A New cc.com mini-series: BEHIND THE SPRAY

gapertimmy

I'm always dreaming of ways to enhance the sheer value of this here web site, and dreamed up the following idea as a result of some rather interesting personalities that have graced us as of late.

Borrowing from the popular VH1 series, I think we should have a Behind the Spray segment here on cc.com. A way to see what makes some of the spray lords kick.... a virtual playboy centerfold (minus the pictures) bio page so to speak.

I figure the "interview" could take place in the chat room. A variety of Questions could be asked about the usual things, climbing, horsecock or gu, etc.

I think it could possibly be quite entertaining, and would help us understand some of the odd minds on the board like the Dennis Harmons or possibly the premire episode should be:

Behind the Spray: Dan Larson

good or bad idea? lemme know what you think.

TIMM@Y

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tim the only idea you have had that i thought was a bad one was an expouse' on migrant sheep workers who love their trusts and need validation from christians on their bovine love predicamint....in an eastern culture.

was that an autobio deal too????

quote:

Originally posted by trask:

SK, I thought you didn't want to see any nudity. Change of heart? Time for some "morning thunder"?
[laf][laf][laf]

I don't think that the BIO pic aught to be a nude, yet I find the idea of a cc.com calandar in the raw totaly funny, And I would purchase 2 [Wink]

After an illustrious stint in the Airborne Rangers, many alpine, rock and ice ascents in the Cascades and British Columbia, stellar adventures backcountry skiing as well as climbs with an endless string of climbing celebrities, you would think this climber was living a fulfilled, rich life. But after public feuds with Lambone and Dan Larson, it was evident all was not ambrosia and nectar on Mt. Olympus. Join us as Behind the Spray takes an inside look at

Cpt. Caveman!

quote:

Originally posted by Dennis Harmon:

GapperTimmy, Why in the hell would you single me out? I'll admit to being a little unorthodox... but "odd?" You're bordering on rudeness, pal. Dennis

Dude! Didn't mean to piss ya off. I was just saying that you have stirred up a bit of spray around here as of late, and for that I commend you, 'twas a complement my dear old chap!

If you don't want to play "behind the spray" then take a seat on the sidelines.

GapperTimmy, Apology accepted, lad. Just a couple definitions before I shut-up and go, "sit on the sidelines." Not necessarily for you, Gapper, but for everyone's benefit... [laconic: expressing much in few words. verbose: expressing little with many words] I'll go to time-out now. Dennis

A true testimonial...

Well where should I begin...I met Captain Caveman in December of 94 when he came to my ALREADY ate the f*(k up infantry unit at Ft Lewis. I had already gone through 2 climbing partners, one being afraid of heights, and the other being afraid of everything involved with mountains. That's another story though...anyway....

So I'm not sure how we got to talking, but I mentioned climbing, and this dude (Caveman) starts going off about some chosspile in the alps called Der Weinersnitzel or some shit and about ice climbers-blah blah blah. So I says...well let's go tough guy...and he says...whatta I need?...I said...shoes, harness, chalkbag. First stop backslackers supply (Yo Jim Y-Waddup) and VOILA' he's in. Off to Spire Rock we go. First route, left of tunnel to the ledge...which he seal flops like a true pro...f8c(ing A!. Training complete.

Next stop Vantage! So we hook up with Yoder and off we go. We thought Yoder was gonna hook us up but no dice...he pointed over yonder and said "Have at it boyz!" GULP... So we wander off and there were two drunk stoned characters yacking it up on some route and giving us beta...they said climb that...So Caveman looks at my alpiney looking harness and suggests he leads since I don't have any gear loops. I'm like...OK dude...have fun...I'll hold this rope...Caveman leads out...WAM WHIPPER! Woa! That was pretty intense I'm thinking...but funny as hell...keep going dude...you're doing good (USE SSG GADDY's VOICE HERE)...WAM! WIPPER 2...Uh...try holding those other holds over there...sketch fest to the top...but cool...

Then Mikeadam leads route and groundfalls, but we're laughing our asses off so no harm no foul...

Years later Cavey is wasted guy at Vantage giving spurious beta and watching gapers...so the worm turns for you man...hang on enjoy the ride...while it lasts...

[ 06-28-2002, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: mikeadam ]