mt adams

gotnoname

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went up this past weekend 5/17. I'd estimate the approach is about 3 1/2 - 4 miles from Cold Springs Trailhead (patchy snow). The road is snowed in at 1800 ft. You can follow the snowmobile tracks and short-cut the road a bit too.

you could always bum a ride from a snowmobiler up to the lunch counter...some of those guys aren't too bad

as dr crash said the ranger station would have the most updated info. they send people up almost everyday and always make it up for the weekends.

be careful about parking in the road. i think they towed a couple of people last year.

I phone the ranger station today and she said you can drive to 3 miles from the campsite. A couple more questions before I leave you guys in peace,

1. Whats the elevation at the campsite?

2. Is there a lot of elevation gain from 3 miles out to the campsite?

TIA

Dude, get a map of Mt Adams (if USGS quads, it's two maps), that will help with the above two questions as well as be useful for the climb... wave.gif (And yes I'd answer if I had my maps right around here, but I don't, and I haven't made a trip there yet, sorry...)

drC