Looking for Mt. Goode NE Buttress Conditions

klenke

Looking at planning a multi-day trip for next week in the area of Mt. Goode to climb it's NE Buttress and then Stormking and perhaps Mt. Logan too. I was wondering if anyone out there has done the NE Buttress of Goode yet this year. The rock is probably bare, but I'm mostly wondering about snowcover and how it may affect access to the area.

Thanks if anyone has any recent beta.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had considered Logan in our trip but only if we went out a different way than we went in (namely out via Thunder Creek). Doing Storm King while doing Goode is no big deal. While in the area, why not. I once saw a friend's picture of Goode from Storm King (Goode thrusts out of the earth like one of those splinters of marbly rock on Krypton in the Superman movie). Ever since then, I've wanted to climb it just to see this remarkable view.

But you're right, I do tend to pack in a little too much weight. But I'm learnin'.

You can do Stormking in combination with NE Buttress of Goode in one day and getting back to your bivy camp. It just depends on your speed of ascent and descent. Here’s an option if you want to combine Logan into your trip: On the way to the Bridge Creek trailhead, drop off a bike at the Easy Pass trailhead (if you don’t think you will be able to hitch a ride). After your combined ascent of Goode and Stormking I recommend you go to the end of the North Fork of Bridge Creek and ascend Logan from there via the Douglas Glacier. Come out via Easy Pass and to your bike—which you then can ride to the Bridge Creek trailhead.

Darn it, I've always wanted Mt.Goode myself, but I was never privy to the 'Information Super Internet" in order to scope route info on the mountain. Why don't you just go and try to climb it? If you fail you fail. But if you succeed, you might actually have something to feel

proud of. Just a suggestion. Dennis

quote:

Originally posted by Dennis Harmon:

Darn it, I've always wanted Mt.Goode myself, but I was never privy to the 'Information Super Internet" in order to scope route info on the mountain. Why don't you just go and try to climb it? If you fail you fail. But if you succeed, you might actually have something to feel

proud of. Just a suggestion. Dennis

Dennis- you forgot to mention something about bolts or Gen-Xer's in this post. While the 'tude is still evident, you're letting your fan club down. [Moon]

By Dennis Harmon's "logic", this board has no purpose. So my question to Dennis Hummergiver (err.. Harmon) ... is why are you here in the first place? Last I checked, this was a climbing board. Climbers generally get info from climbers boards. Before the days of bulletin boards, climbers would talk to other climbers and ask for beta .. now they ask other climbers for beta using the internet (i.e. this bulletin board) -- is it sinking in yet Dennis [i doubt it]. What's your major malfunction? If it's wrong to ask route information on a climbing board, pray tell .. what is this board for? Is it for flunkees like you to hide behind their avatar and talk a bunch of shit to people who would probably kick your ass in person? Yardbird.

[ 06-28-2002, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: MountainMan ]

I know where you can find two more bolts, Dennis: sticking out of either side of your neck. Chop 'em then leave us alone. The only one flinging horse-shit on this thread is you. What's that say about you other than we all could probably smell you a mile away.

[ 06-29-2002, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: klenke ]